RACE/SOAR round this weekend at Shannonville | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE/SOAR round this weekend at Shannonville

kneedragger88

Dealer/Vendor
Site Supporter
If you are sitting on the fence please make the effort. This round is critical to our plans in 2015. IF we have a poor turnout I have no bullets in the gun to get stuff happening for next season. For all of you nay sayers that want a combined effort in regional racing, this is your chance to put your money (effort) where your mouth is. IF THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED I dont want to hear any whining in the future. We need to make an impression on the owner at RACE/Shannonville that racing in Ontario is not dead. Without that I have no ammo to negotiate bigger things for next season. Besides I am racing so its your chance to kick my asss

Who are these nay sayers? Who is whining? Who is that needs to put their money where their mouth is that hasn't already been doing so?

Really? Not even going to answer that. Google me, SOAR, Ontario racing etc. Too bad Cherrypicker is gone. PAGES of bitchhing. Owner does not give a crap about racing. Has said so both verbally and in writing. He understamds one thing. MONEY. If we fill the pits ( hasnt been seen in years at Shanny) we can hopefully get Chris more rope to do something very significant next season. If not then we keep doing what we are doing and RACE keeps floundering or just stops. Cant believe I need to spell this out.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The people reading this thread are the people that are ALREADY spending their money and supporting the road racing that is available.

Telling this audience that it's time for us to put our money where our mouths are.... as if we haven't already been doing so... seems a bit rude to me.

Good luck.

Your right I am wrong . I have no idea what I am talking about. Keep in mind here I am not talking about supporting SOAR. The people need to understand that supporting RACE is needed to move forward. I am not making five cents from this 100% is going to RACE. I think MOST people realize that I am working for the greater good. If your feelings are that fragile I am sorry. People need to understand the importance of the weekend. It doesnt change anything for SOAR but very well might for RACE. If you want to feel bad about my words tge so be it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

This worked out badly for me. I'll try to get there Sunday as a spectator. Wedding deal this weekend and I can't get out of it. :(

Glad to see SOAR based trailers rolling into the paddocks tonight before I headed back for work Friday.

Hope the paddocks are full when I get back Friday night.

Last edited:
Killing me that I can't make it because I do support what Ken and Chris are trying to do here, but three race weekends inside of five weeks just doesn't fit if you have a family and they are not participating.

Anyway, the other two Prairie Dogs will be there for the endurance race, along with a ringer substitute rider.

Best wishes to all of you for a successful and safe racing weekend. See you at the next SOAR round.

A lot of the more casual RACE guys do not show up until Saturday morning.
I was hoping to be there today to get some seat time, but family and work obligations do not make it possible - like so many others. However, I will be there Saturday for rookie 600. Sounds like it may be a big grid.
2. Anyone need an endurance rider? Willing to spring for the entrance fee for a shot at the seat time.
3. Ken, - wonderful job getting this inaugural invitational to happen. I'm not aware of all the subtleties and nuances going on behind behind the scenes, nor do I need to know I suppose, but so many of us acknowledge your efforts and support you 100% percent.
Motorcycle club racing - it's the fundamental building block for the entire sport.

Thank you for the support. When I left today there was already twice the riders that are generally there and more on the way. I can not say enough to show my gratitude for your support. I will do all I can to put that support to work to generate bigger things for 2015 and beyond. People are VERY positive and welcoming. It was personally very warm being back where i started racing, I havent turned a wheel there since 2004 when I started racing USA only so should be interesting tomorrow.

Had a fun weekend. There were a few hickups along the way which were totally expected for the first time doing something but nothing big and everything continued on. For future, I think that registration is one thing that needs to be looked at if this is to continue again in future years. I called in during the week to pre-register and was told that Linda was on the phone so I left a message, never received a call back. I sent an email also during the week as a follow up and never received an email back.

On Saturday morning I was at registration at 7:30 when it was supposed to open and there was already a line which I expected and the reason I tried to pre-register. I was the last or second last one to get registered before they closed the door at 8 for the riders meeting and then everyone that was in line had to go back and regsiter. I didn't get through bike tech until my first session was already hitting the track which sucked as I never have been to that track and wanted to get in a few laps.

Another thing is our practice was listed as a 5 lap practice but we only got 3 laps each time.

Those are just my thoughts and as mentioned it was a good weekend with minimal hickups (that I noticed).

I know you were not running it Ken but I assume that you and Chris will talk and figured you could share some feedback.

Back
Top Bottom