Looking for Insurance? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for Insurance?

nofear822

Not an expert but shop around and check with your own insurance company. Some will get in and out of bike insurance so you never know......all are different and base their rates on what they think are impotant. At the end of the day, everyone is just looking for the best rates so do your homework. I've haven't been insured for bike insurance for over 25 years and was able to get basic liability for $287.00 a year so cheap insurance is out there. You just have to find the company that is best suited for you. Good luck!!

Very first post and it's about unbeliveable rates with little or no info on type of bike, general location of rider and or age of rider, and he somehow has an insurance broker logo attached to the post...let me guess you're next reply will be contact R. Duffy brokers right???

Seems fishy to me. And thanks for the advice tips, I never would have guessed to shop around for insurance...

Here's the thing Trainman....just telling people to shop around for insurance and not setlle for a couple of quotes. Sounds like you're fairly bent out of shape by that. If you think they are unbelivable rates, than let's make a small wager and put some money where your mouth is. When I first started looking for bike insurance, I was getting quotes from $700 to $1,300 for basic liability and decided to call my insurance company which quoted me $287 for the year. They just got back into insuring bikes but keep in mind that I have all my property and car insurance with them with zero claims, accidents or tickets and have been with them for over 20 years.

Here are a few answers to some of the questions. I have 2 bikes (Kawi ZG1000 & BMW R1150RT) with the Kawi being insured now though it was the same price for either bike (if anyone's interested in the beemer...let me know). I live in York region, have had my M license for over 30 yrs. but no insurance on a bike for 25 yrs. If you're still up for a friendly wager Trainman, let me know. Ride safe all!!

BTW....and he somehow has an insurance broker logo attached to the post...let me guess you're next reply will be contact R. Duffy brokers right??? Well Trainman....wrong again on all accounts, didn't attach the logo and not with R. Duffy either...........

Here's the thing Trainman....just telling people to shop around for insurance and not setlle for a couple of quotes. Sounds like you're fairly bent out of shape by that. If you think they are unbelivable rates, than let's make a small wager and put some money where your mouth is. When I first started looking for bike insurance, I was getting quotes from $700 to $1,300 for basic liability and decided to call my insurance company which quoted me $287 for the year. They just got back into insuring bikes but keep in mind that I have all my property and car insurance with them with zero claims, accidents or tickets and have been with them for over 20 years.

Here are a few answers to some of the questions. I have 2 bikes (Kawi ZG1000 & BMW R1150RT) with the Kawi being insured now though it was the same price for either bike (if anyone's interested in the beemer...let me know). I live in York region, have had my M license for over 30 yrs. but no insurance on a bike for 25 yrs. If you're still up for a friendly wager Trainman, let me know. Ride safe all!!

BTW....and he somehow has an insurance broker logo attached to the post...let me guess you're next reply will be contact R. Duffy brokers right??? Well Trainman....wrong again on all accounts, didn't attach the logo and not with R. Duffy either...........

Insurance company name or it didn't happen......

Bro this thread is to answer insurance questions and for related topics.

With out your demographics such as bike, age location it does not help anyone just posting your rate. If you want to help out your fellow bikers post who your with (if its John Wiltshire its going to look suspicious due to the clearly advertising spam posted by the user "insuranceagency" in this thread (It may now be removed due to it being spam)). Shop around i'snt much in the way of useful advice everyone knows it. But post who you got your great rate with and we will know who to request the rates from in the future when we do shop around. Don't take the internet so seriously.

And trainman the duffy is advertising for this board as they are a partner.

For those interested, my insurance company does not deal with brokers....you have to deal with them direct. Auto rates are excellent (for me anyway), bike rates are excellent (for me anyway), property insurance, don't have a clue how good they are but sounds reasonable to me as I've never shopped around for property insurance.

Name of the company is Coseco, need a quote...call 1800 387-1963. Good luck and keep the shiny side up!

Which city you live in? Since this is the single most important thing and will save some people time or a call.

BTW, I don't think there's many people here who don't shop for motorcycle insurance. Car drivers are much more guilty of that ....

Which city you live in? Since this is the single most important thing and will save some people time or a call.

BTW, I don't think there's many people here who don't shop for motorcycle insurance. Car drivers are much more guilty of that ....

I don't think where you live is the single most important thing....far from it. Is it a factor, absolutely...just like vehicle safety rating, theft rating, accident history, etc......... I would think age, driving record, years licenced (especially for motorcycles) and insurance continuity would be the biggest factor on rates. For those in the industry, please correct me if I am wrong. I am just north of the city in York Region.

Tell them you live in Brampton, and come back to me with what rate you get then......

I have nothing against Brampton, so let's not even go there....just using it as an example of a area that has one of the highest rates applied...

I am insured for 400 a year, and it's only the bike insured with Desjardines.....last year it was with Intact and it was 700 for the year....

so shopping around does help, but that is just one factor in the end cost......

I am just north of the city in York Region.

That explains quite nicely why you have such a rate .... point being, it makes no sense to post about the great you got without stating the essentials. If you posted 40 years old living in Orangeville, riding Ninja 250, no tickets and paying 250/year ... maybe people would be interested who you are with.

That explains quite nicely why you have such a rate .... point being, it makes no sense to post about the great you got without stating the essentials. If you posted 40 years old living in Orangeville, riding Ninja 250, no tickets and paying 250/year ... maybe people would be interested who you are with.

Yeah, that’s it….now I understand. When I was getting quotes for between $700.00 - $1300 a year for bike insurance, I must of told them that I lived in Brampton. Hey, thanks for reminding me!!

Name of the company is Coseco, need a quote...call 1800 387-1963. Good luck and keep the shiny side up!

And whats your name so I can ask for you when I call?

$24/month seems a little low for either a Kawi ZG1000 or BMW R1150RT.

This honestly sounds like a weak attempt of an insurance company trying to scrounge up some business....

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s it….now I understand. When I was getting quotes for between $700.00 - $1300 a year for bike insurance, I must of told them that I lived in Brampton. Hey, thanks for reminding me!!

Again, I have no clue what bike you ride, because you have not said much in your post .... hence why posts like that are useless. This is not about Brampton or any other location, but rather about you telling us that you got a great rate without saying much of anything else, except for a name of the insurance company ...

Back
Top Bottom