Speed and strength denim - opinion? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speed and strength denim - opinion?

DanteGuelph

Looking at getting a pair of denim riding jeans. I would ideally like them to have some sort of armour and to fit over my smx-6 alpinestars boots. The speed And strength ones look reasonably priced. What do you think? What would you buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the Speed and Strength ones and I like how they have kevlar in both the seat and knees. They fit over my full race boots and I wear Forcefield knee armour under. I'd prefer something like the Bull-It jeans but couldn't find my size.

Royal carries the Joe rocket ones. I believe these ones are called 'accelerator'. I've tried and own several and they are by far the most comfortable and "normal" like jeans yet. They're also the best fitting at least to me. I've since bought a couple of them and wear them everywhere.

18832_2.jpg

I have a pair of Bull-it jeans they are great except for the fact that on a hot day after a long ride I always seem to get a serious case of NUT PUDDLE because they don't breathe at all.

Looking at getting a pair of denim riding jeans. I would ideally like them to have some sort of armour and to fit over my smx-6 alpinestars boots. The speed And strength ones look reasonably priced. What do you think? What would you buy?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was buying again, I would go for the new Scorpion Covert Jeans. Best bang for buck and don't have those knee panels. Revzilla just reviewed them. You can get them in from a Scorpion reseller.

(If money was not a factor, I'd look at the HELD ones from the UK. )

I like the triumph heritage jeans too.

Last edited:
Speed and Strength and Joe Rocket are pretty similar will definitely have to pick up a pair soon as I have just been wearing regular jeans but wow when its hot out side it gets a little sweaty down there... LOL

I have a pair of Bull-it jeans they are great except for the fact that on a hot day after a long ride I always seem to get a serious case of NUT PUDDLE because they don't breathe at all.

That's the problem with kevlar.

These are a good option:

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/agv-sport-solare-textile-pants.html

Or these, which you wear under anything. Still waiting to see the first guy who doesn't know they go under pants.

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/product/pro-pants/2406

AFAIK, almost all jeans are not CE rated, meaning there is no real proof they'll hold up in a crash at all/any better than regular jeans. With that said, Bull-It are CE certified, as are 1 pair of Draggin Jeans. I wanted the Bull-It, but they don't fit me at all (tried on the various pairs at the Royal Tent Sale).

I went with the JR jeans as well. Best fitting ones I could find that ae made well and have removable knee armour. Just got back from a trip to the Dragon with them. 30 and humid every day and after 4500km's in 7 days they held up amazing, fit great (over A* SMX-plus boots). Recommended.

AFAIK, almost all jeans are not CE rated, meaning there is no real proof they'll hold up in a crash at all/any better than regular jeans. With that said, Bull-It are CE certified, as are 1 pair of Draggin Jeans. I wanted the Bull-It, but they don't fit me at all (tried on the various pairs at the Royal Tent Sale).

CE rating is a total joke. Have you seen the back protection in a CE rated jacket? It's an Odour Eater.

Personally, I do not believe jeans will hold up or protect in the event of a crash, it is what it is. Having said this, I opt for jeans that suit me whether comfort or looks.

I bought a pair of ugly bros over at Corsa Mechannica this past spring and I simply like them because of the stretch denim feature and fit.

I do not, repeat do not want to crash in them.

If money isn't an issue, the Maple motor denim are the closest thing to normal jeans that I've seen among riding jeans.

Includes Forcefield armor as well.

CE rating is a total joke. Have you seen the back protection in a CE rated jacket? It's an Odour Eater.

I have friends who looked at me funny for putting bionic armor in my a* jacket. I said near the same thing. It comes with a ce sponge..

As for the jeans bull it are nice jeans but none of them fit over my boots. Jr are the most comfortable of all that I've tried and they look pretty much like normal jeans

Personally, I do not believe jeans will hold up or protect in the event of a crash, it is what it is. Having said this, I opt for jeans that suit me whether comfort or looks.

I bought a pair of ugly bros over at Corsa Mechannica this past spring and I simply like them because of the stretch denim feature and fit.

I do not, repeat do not want to crash in them.

These are not just denim jeans, they have kevlar seam thread and kevlar protection from abrasion hidden under the cotton.

Jeans alone are useless.

[video=youtube;oUKzAORD35I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUKzAORD35I[/video]

I have friends who looked at me funny for putting bionic armor in my a* jacket. I said near the same thing. It comes with a ce sponge..

Dianese makes one for $40 for jacket back pockets that is 25mm thick and a hard shell, but it still is only 3/4 length protection and doesn't cover the tail bone.

I bought some Teknic Violators on sale at GP awhile ago, they have knox knee armour and comfy stretch panels in all the right places, very comfortable and not super baggy and flapping all over the place. Only problem is they don't fit over my S-MX boots.

f%uK man! why did I even read this comment!

I crash tested my S&S jeans on Friday, they did their job. Funny thing is I still got rash on my knee from the Kevlar, also still bruising because NO hip/knee armor. I'd advise against stuff in your pockets!!! most pain came from wallet and house keys in my pocket.

I have the bull-it jeans too, and prefer the fit of the speed and strength ones.

Last edited:
I crash tested my S&S jeans on Friday, they did their job. Funny thing is I still got rash on my knee from the Kevlar, also still bruising because NO hip/knee armor. I'd advise against stuff in your pockets!!! most pain came from wallet and house keys in my pocket.

I have the bull-it jeans too, and prefer the fit of the speed and strength ones.

Thanks for the info. Which jeans were they? Glad to ear they did their job and you are okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom