Renewal coming up and my new rate going the wrong direction | GTAMotorcycle.com

Renewal coming up and my new rate going the wrong direction

rakkaus

About myself:
License : GM2 (got my m2 august 2013) + training course( CMA)
No Claim, Accidents, Tickets, Cancellation so pretty clean
postal code : L8L (Hamilton)

currently with State Farm and paying $938/year with $1000 deductible for CBR250RABS 2013,
will be the same rate if i stay with them.

i've been calling around for a better rate but no luck

TD: $1300ish

Desjardins: $1200ish

Rider Plus: $1300ish

RBC: not quoting me

Allstate: not quoting me

Dos anyone know any company that would offer something cheaper than SF

Thx,

I am 30, riding a GS500, and am paying about $600 a year with TD (liability only + pre-2010 medical). So something is up. Have you got quotes with just liability? How long have you been insured?

I am 30, riding a GS500, and am paying about $600 a year with TD (liability only + pre-2010 medical). So something is up. Have you got quotes with just liability? How long have you been insured?

July 8 would be a full year for me , quoted full coverage from TD

Weird -- 32, Scarborough, and I paid $1200/year on my 2011 CBR250RA year one, $600-ish year 2, and $560 this year. In all cases 500/500 with all perils coverage and depreciation protection. Was with TD MM.

You said you have GM2, but have you had your full G for a number of years? Something doesn't seem to add up if you are getting those rates back.

something better than nothing but i didnt expect it to be 1200ish

Sorry - thought you said the rate would stay the same with state farm. That said it does seem high given your age & low displacement of the bike. Tried a broker?

Weird -- 32, Scarborough, and I paid $1200/year on my 2011 CBR250RA year one, $600-ish year 2, and $560 this year. In all cases 500/500 with all perils coverage and depreciation protection. Was with TD MM.

You said you have GM2, but have you had your full G for a number of years? Something doesn't seem to add up if you are getting those rates back.

had my G for like 10+ years

You've only been insured a year - how much were you expecting it to go down?

Mine halved year 2 with TD MM -- They way they explained it to me was at the start you are an unknown, hence the higher rate. Leaving actual dollar amounts aside, it seems weird the OP is being charged the same year 2 as year 1, at least imo.

Maybe try giving Dalton Timmis a call -- I'm with them now for the bike, and they were easy to work with. They are also a broker, so they can check a few different providers for the best rate.

Kerryan Amaral
(905) 335-7451
kerryana@daltontimmis.com

Last edited:

That's cheap.

31, GM2 with a 12 CBR250R in Scarborough, and I'm paying $890 this year with $1000/500 deductible.

That's cheap.

31, GM2 with a 12 CBR250R in Scarborough, and I'm paying $890 this year with $1000/500 deductible.

I also have my car and home insurance bundled with them, so that might play into it a bit...although I was with them before the bike, and I know the bike didn't affect the car or home insurance one bit.

Note I did drop them for the bike when I got the CBR650F -- TD MM wanted $1900/year as they classified it as a 650cc SS bike (CBR600RRA was $1700). Dalton Timmis/Intact was willing to only charge $1100/year as they classified it a 650cc sports tourer like the FZ6R and Ninja 650R, so I went that route instead.

That's crazy.. I have a 600.. accidents on my record.. I'm 26/Mississauga/GM2 and only pay $1500 a year with FULL coverage (and I consider that high). So something is up with you.

got a quote from Dalton Timmis for $859 with $1M liability, $ 1000 deductible and comprehensive

thank conundrum

I'm with statefarm... Just turned 25. GM2 yet I'm insured only a year on a 250 but I'm only paying 41$ month. Interesting to see what you were paying. However I have my car with them.

only have the bike with them maybe it's my postal code "L8L" need to move somewhere else i guess

I heard riders choice or riders plus I forgot the name is good for those over the age of 25

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom