Need a furnace expert asap please | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a furnace expert asap please

Any reason why the fan would come on unexpectedly?

First night back home after a week away I got up in the middle of the night and noticed the fan was running. Figured the GF had turned on the air when I was gone. Checked the panel and it was still set to "Heat". Temp was 71 in the house. Fan was set to "Auto" and it didn't turn off even when I switched it to "off". I reset the furnace and it shut off and didn't come back on.

Any reason why the fan would come on unexpectedly?

First night back home after a week away I got up in the middle of the night and noticed the fan was running. Figured the GF had turned on the air when I was gone. Checked the panel and it was still set to "Heat". Temp was 71 in the house. Fan was set to "Auto" and it didn't turn off even when I switched it to "off". I reset the furnace and it shut off and didn't come back on.

Sounds like there's a short some where.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Putting my initial question to rest: turns out it was an incorrect installation of the new Smart Thermostat - and on top of that, it was also a faulty unit. They [EnerSource] came over last week for a "final test" and found the problems. Both units were replaced, and tested thoroughly. Now I'm hunting them for a refund for all the work that resulted from this installation last month.

Guess if I go with a new Smart Thermostat, the first thing to do if it doesn't work is call them back....

Sucks you had to find out this way.

So what's the best thermostat now? I like the looks of the new Honeywell Prestige IAQ (3.0) any Ecobee users here?

Back
Top Bottom