Vehicle Registration Conundrum | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vehicle Registration Conundrum

Yes and no. The MOT may not enforce but a friend procrastinated about transferring a car he was given and then asked the police a question. The police gave him the ticket when they saw the dates. He actually walked into the cop shop to ask the question and got reamed. Sad.

Yes and no. The MOT may not enforce but a friend procrastinated about transferring a car he was given and then asked the police a question. The police gave him the ticket when they saw the dates. He actually walked into the cop shop to ask the question and got reamed. Sad.

Only a fool calls attention to the fact that he's breaking the law.

Transfer ASAP is the key.

OP here. No problem at the MTO, the lady looked at the michigan title, saw proof of taxes payed at border and BOOM 41$ later I officially in the eyes of the government own a motorcycle. Next step is finding out how to get my bike down to a mechanics...

I've bought vehicles... owned them for years without ever putting them in my name... and then sold them later on and the buyers had no issues registering it.

Can we assume you have never had an accident with any of these vehicles. A sharp adjuster would deny your claim as your not permitted to insure a vehicle not registered in your name. Therefore, you committed insurance fraud. and they have no duty to fix a car not registered to you...lol

Do you need a safety done? Contact Frekeyguy (his username on the forum). He usually does safety pick-ups on Saturdays. He'll look over the bike and make sure that it's safe to ride. You could contact Rosey Toes to come to your place for the safety inspection, but I'm not sure how much "inspecting" will happen.

Back
Top Bottom