Hit and Run - Bloor @ Church. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit and Run - Bloor @ Church.

..and watch your rates skyrocket. "insurance", what a funny term.

A not at fault claim is a not at fault claim, and your insurance won't go up as a result if that's the case. I speak from personal experience, having been plowed down by an uninsured driver.

UPDATE 2: So, it turns out there are still good people in this world. A witness came forward and submitted the plate # as well as the details of the incident.This along with the video evidence will lead surely lead to something. Thank you Karma!

As for my bike, damages are roughly around $2100. I'll get my bike back hopefully by the end of next week. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for everyones support!

Last edited:
Good stuff. Any word on a possible 'leaving the scene' charge, or are police just giving the driver a walk on that?

Good stuff. Any word on a possible 'leaving the scene' charge, or are police just giving the driver a walk on that?

Not sure yet. I forwarded the info I received to the officer assigned to the case this morning. I guess we shall wait and see. My guess is a failure to report ticket ($110)

Not sure yet. I forwarded the info I received to the officer assigned to the case this morning. I guess we shall wait and see. My guess is a failure to report ticket ($110)

As we found out he's a rider as well, I would support the book being thrown at him.

UPDATE 2: So, it turns out there are still good people in this world. A witness came forward and submitted the plate # as well as the details of the incident.This along with the video evidence will lead surely lead to something. Thank you Karma!

As for my bike, damages are roughly around $2100. I'll get my bike back hopefully by the end of next week. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for everyones support!

AWESOME mate!!! gives me a glimmer of hope with humanity!!

Make sure you follow this through.

Ok so what happened cause I thought you had a lone bike that someone just ran into but cleary lots of parked cars and other bikes around. Wondering if a cager got ****** off and swerved towards him causing him to hit your bike.

And no that is not splitting and perfectly legal. When there are parked cars in a lane you can ride in that lane still. I wouldn't do it unless the cars are going very slow or parked though.

Ok so what happened...

From what I was told based on the video, he was looking at all the bikes parked on the right and tracked into into mine. He either could've lost control or wasn't paying full attention to where he was going.

Then again, there are very nice bikes parked here: 2 Catis, R6s, KTM Duke, BMW S1000RR, a cafe'd Yamaha, some custom Shadows, a few new 250 cbrs, and scooters.

Last edited:
From what I was told based on the video, he was looking at all the bikes parked on the right and tracked into into mine. He either could've lost control or wasn't paying full attention to where he was going.

Then again, there are very nice bikes parked here: 2 Catis, R6s, KTM Duke, BMW S1000RR, a cafe'd Yamaha, some custom Shadows, a few new 250 cbrs, and scooters.

Oh shoot. smh

Ok so what happened cause I thought you had a lone bike that someone just ran into but cleary lots of parked cars and other bikes around. Wondering if a cager got ****** off and swerved towards him causing him to hit your bike.

And no that is not splitting and perfectly legal. When there are parked cars in a lane you can ride in that lane still. I wouldn't do it unless the cars are going very slow or parked though.

It's legal IF it's a separate marked lane, that's over-sized and incorporates on-street parking. Otherwise it's splitting, and illegal.

So, it's been a week and still no word from the Detective assigned to my case. I have spoken with Security and they confirmed that no one has followed up with them regarding this matter. The Director of Security here has personally phoned him leaving a voicemail with the plate and mentioning the witness statement. I hope they haven't thrown this case out...

How long does it typically take to update a computer system with information and run a plate?

So, it's been a week and still no word from the Detective assigned to my case. I have spoken with Security and they confirmed that no one has followed up with them regarding this matter. The Director of Security here has personally phoned him leaving a voicemail with the plate and mentioning the witness statement. I hope they haven't thrown this case out...

How long does it typically take to update a computer system with information and run a plate?

get them to follow up on it. I remember years ago I had some mail stolen from my mailbox - Later I found some details and demanded they open the case and followed it through. (Plus postal interference is considered reasonably serious - the was in NZ) The cops reopened the case after I hassled them about it.. and followed it through. Two 13yr olds got busted for stealing my playstation discs... ;-)
The main issue was, I didn't want them coming back and stealing other stuff..and I wanted the cops to do the job they're paid to do.

just saying, I just got a red ninja 300 like 1 week ago. I work at bloor and church too and parking in front of Sbux too. Dont scratch my bike up

Back
Top Bottom