Hit and Run - Bloor @ Church. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit and Run - Bloor @ Church.

JAMUS

I parked my bike outside the Starbucks this morning and happened to walk by it at lunch, only to find it has been moved and my right side of the bike damaged. No note was left and no one cared to report it to building security.

I have notified police, asked security for the video footage and will be going to a collision reporting center after work to document the event/ get this guy if we can.

Has anyone else had their bikes knocked over or hit while parked in Toronto? What was the process and how was it resolved?

Update 1: Surveillance screen shot of incident
Update 2: Plate # was recovered as well as witness report.

Last edited:
good luck. this topic has been covered numerous times. for the most part, you are likely SOL

IIRC, if you can get a plate number, it is no deductible and covered under the comp part of your insurance so it doesn't affect rates. No plate number gets covered under collision as an at-fault accident (sadly it has to be this way or every bike crash would be a "hit and run"). Good luck

Happened to me, stayed over in Toronto, parked the bike on the street, in the morning, 6:45, found my bike upright... as I walked closer, bar end mirror was eff'd, shifter bent and rear fender piece cracked. so whoever knocked it over, picked it up but never left a note. And yes, you are most likely SOL.

Luckily it was a hornet.

UPDATE: Apparently it was a Red Motorcycle that hit me while they were traveling Northbound up Church... Details haven't been released to me from Security about the bike's make/model & plate #.

If the person reading this hit me, please do the honest thing and PM me.

UPDATE: Apparently it was a Red Motorcycle that hit me while they were traveling Northbound up Church... Details haven't been released to me from Security about the bike's make/model & plate #.If the person reading this hit me, please do the honest thing and PM me.
yikes, seems we're seeing an upswing in dufus riders these days (see thread earlier today about someone getting hit from behind by another motorcycle) Glad security were able to help you out.

UPDATE: Apparently it was a Red Motorcycle that hit me while they were traveling Northbound up Church... Details haven't been released to me from Security about the bike's make/model & plate #.

if it was a bike there is no way in hell your getting any plate numbers, SOL

What on earth. How does one miss a whole bike parked and hit it? I wanna see that video. lol

Oh ****, red? I think i've seen that one around. Did it have two wheels?

I hope you're not waiting for the police to investigate the hit-and-run. Unless you provide them with a plate number and a description, they won't do jack ****.

I have the case number and documentation. With it, I'm hoping that building security will now release the surveillance footage so I can try and get a plate. I will find out tomorrow...

Would insurance treat it as a hit and run if you don't have a plate but can show them the video of the incident?

Friend of mine had her car written off by a hit & run driver. Car was parked right outside her house which has various security cameras including one of the front entrance and street. The driver caught on camera smoked her and kept on going, her car was on the sidewalk demolished. No plate number for the other driver was obtained, but based on the video evidence, her insurance company deemed it not at fault and covered all expenses without adjusting her premium.

Absolutely true story, hope it goes as well for you. Insurance co was Chubb btw, they're known to be pretty unreal, maybe she just lucked out there

W

Back
Top Bottom