Cayuga Photos - June 21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cayuga Photos - June 21

esphoto

Hey Guys,

I was at Cayuga this weekend with a couple of friends and brought my gear to shoot some photos. I shot both the Track Day and the Intro to Track that was going on. If anyone wants to check out the photos, just follow the link below. I only have the "Intro to Track" up right now but the morning/afternoon should be up later today and will update this post with an added link. I had a great time shooting and was jealous I wasn't out on the track myself. If there is a lot of interest I may just have to get around to these events more often.

Track Day
Into to Track

Thanks,

Eric Schoenfeld

Last edited:
I didn't even know until I got there that it was being held both days. I had only intended to shoot a couple of shots of my buddy and a few others but one thing led to the next and walked away with a couple memory cards filled. If there is enough interest for future dates and they line up with my schedule, I am more than willing to come out and shoot for more people.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the pictures of the intermediate group!
Hopefully people will ask you to come out - but be forewarned - track day goers are extremely stingy and will expect high-res photos to be free (after all, Joe Buddy's wife was at the same corner taking pics with a point and shoot camera). I tried this at a few track days, and wanted a measly $3 per photo, $2 if you bought 5. I made a grand total of $11. Not enough to pay for my gas, even one way. People just took the proofs from my photo bucket and were happy with those.

I used to do a lot of sporting events in the past (horse shows, skiing, snowboarding, etc) and saw that all to often which was why I was only out to shoot for friends that day and why I stick to commercial and advertising photography to pay the bills.
I love shooting motorsports and while I have been lucky enough to travel with an ALMS team for work, and various other gigs, nothing beats the atmosphere, sounds, and smells, of being at the track regardless of the type or class of racing.
Sadly with gear becoming better and cheaper, people start to loose sight that no matter what equipment you have, you still have to know how to shoot.
I fully understand not wanting to cough up major $ for images; hell, that means more money for gas, tires, and brakes. But like you said, there is a cost for travel, equipment, and time (aside from spending the day shooting I spend a good majority of Sunday editing and uploading...which I'm also doing while at work today).

I used to do a lot of sporting events in the past (horse shows, skiing, snowboarding, etc) and saw that all to often which was why I was only out to shoot for friends that day and why I stick to commercial and advertising photography to pay the bills.
I love shooting motorsports and while I have been lucky enough to travel with an ALMS team for work, and various other gigs, nothing beats the atmosphere, sounds, and smells, of being at the track regardless of the type or class of racing.
Sadly with gear becoming better and cheaper, people start to loose sight that no matter what equipment you have, you still have to know how to shoot.
I fully understand not wanting to cough up major $ for images; hell, that means more money for gas, tires, and brakes. But like you said, there is a cost for travel, equipment, and time (aside from spending the day shooting I spend a good majority of Sunday editing and uploading...which I'm also doing while at work today).

Did you have some of the track day that was on earlier?

Great photos! Recognize some folks.

Anybody know who number 323 is? Appears to be rockin' it.

James Peterson. REAL Black numbers.

Nice pics! the guy on the blue cbr1000 makes me nervous. Looks like he's about to eat ****.

So if I want 4 phots its 50 $

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

That was set as a general pricing as there are other people that ended up with more. PM me if you are seriously interested in your photos and we can work something out.

Back
Top Bottom