Clayton Rivet death and Questions Swirl around SIU investigation. | Page 44 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Clayton Rivet death and Questions Swirl around SIU investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Claton Rivert death and Questions Swirl around SIU investigation.

The cop that shot Sami Yahtim is innocent until proven guilty. Why should the rules be different for police then everyone else, if you are charged you don't lose your job until proven guilty. As for the guy shot 7 times, there could be all kinds of reasons why it took so many. I have a friend that's a cop, some crack head grabbed his gun, they fought for it, and it took six shots before the guy dropped

As far as I know in Ontario cops keep their job while waiting trials. Nature of the work. Etc.

********.. Sami called him a pussy and he snapped.. Cop pumped iron and took steroids.. The steroids make some people on edge as a side effect. That's going to be his basis for defence.. He wasn't under his own actions etc.
This guys charged with 1st degree too..

Last edited:
How is this garbage thread still going. Give it a rest people.

Girls ruin everything.

We could always bump some of your old threads ... Lmao

Last edited:

If you have no interest why do you keep posting? This subject has nothing to do with you so you should stop with your useless comments or just GTFO! Brian P is hitting the nail on the head every time and that is exactly why we have to keep this matter out in the open.

If you have no interest why do you keep posting? This subject has nothing to do with you so you should stop with your useless comments or just GTFO! Brian P is hitting the nail on the head every time and that is exactly why we have to keep this matter out in the open.

Dont sweat it bud, if you knew the source you'd just ignore them. They have a habit of attention seeking behavior. Don't let er get yer back up.

I'm bored.

I agree 100% with brian

Yes... Because he basicaly repeated what casacrow was saying before and multiple other people... Then we got some xcops wanna be here and they fked the thread up with their 'im always right' ********. We all know whom im talking about...

I spent the day reading this thread from start to finish.....wow.

First off RIP to the fallen Rider.
Brian, and Casacrow Great points. I do feel that speed was a factor and did contribute to the accident but it wasn't the only factor, a point that Brian made very clear. Its not one determining factor but the sum of all factors.
The officer did make a bad decision on when and where to make a U-turn, but the ex-copper is right in saying the officer is not criminally negligent based on the SIU report but it doesn't at all make it right. But it is very hard to prove when one of the parties involved can't speak, and the other chooses not to for whatever reason. If you were the officer would you admit that you tried to stop the bike by cutting off his lane, probably not. Which leads me to my next point.

As an officer you are put in a position of power to protect the people you serve. People break laws and as an officer they are here to enforce those laws not be judge, jury, and exectutioner, and not to hold themselves higher then those same citizens. That being said we should expect officers to carry themselves at a higher standard then the people they are swarn to protect. But I do feel that if an officer is involved in any civilian death, they should be required to speak up or be charged like anyother civilian murder suspect, put on paid leave similar to EI or Mat leave.

Just my two cent.

I spent the day reading this thread from start to finish.....wow.

First off RIP to the fallen Rider.
Brian, and Casacrow Great points. I do feel that speed was a factor and did contribute to the accident but it wasn't the only factor, a point that Brian made very clear. Its not one determining factor but the sum of all factors.
The officer did make a bad decision on when and where to make a U-turn, but the ex-copper is right in saying the officer is not criminally negligent based on the SIU report but it doesn't at all make it right. But it is very hard to prove when one of the parties involved can't speak, and the other chooses not to for whatever reason. If you were the officer would you admit that you tried to stop the bike by cutting off his lane, probably not. Which leads me to my next point.

As an officer you are put in a position of power to protect the people you serve. People break laws and as an officer they are here to enforce those laws not be judge, jury, and exectutioner, and not to hold themselves higher then those same citizens. That being said we should expect officers to carry themselves at a higher standard then the people they are swarn to protect. But I do feel that if an officer is involved in any civilian death, they should be required to speak up or be charged like anyother civilian murder suspect, put on paid leave similar to EI or Mat leave.

Just my two cent.

Definitely agree the police should be held to a higher standard. They work in a dangerous environment and if they are parked along the road, they should understand and deal with the danger appropriately.

But I also feel an officer has the same rights to remain silent like all citizens have.

Not to justify or give the officer involve any excuse but, I was pulling out onto a road that I'm familiar with and do so regularly. I looked and noticed a motorcyclist and felt I had plenty of time to enter the road. By the time I pulled out, the bike was on my ass. I felt like crap. I'm a rider, I know the road. I've judged the speed of many vehicles more times than I can count and I even typically wait for a motorcycle because I do ride and most times I want to check out what kind of bike it is and just watch it at speed etc. this time I didn't. And I honestly felt I had more than enough time and space as I've judged so many in the past.

When I saw that head light in my rear view, my heart sank. I just cut off a fellow rider. I should know better. I didn't cause a collision or the rider to alter their course. Just had to slow down. But it did make me think about this situation.

The cop may have seen the head light of the rider and felt they had enough time to make the maneuver as he likely has judged the speed of so many vehicles before. But this time the rider was travelling as such a high rate of speed, it was fatal.

No one knows for sure.

I know others have pointed to other cases involving civilians that have pulled a u turn causing death and being held accountable. But in those cases, the other vehicle wasn't speeding. And when you consider in this case, the rider was travelling at such a high rate of speed and in a construction zone where most are slowing down, I'm not sure it's a fair comparison?

Definitely agree the police should be held to a higher standard. They work in a dangerous environment and if they are parked along the road, they should understand and deal with the danger appropriately.

But I also feel an officer has the same rights to remain silent like all citizens have.

Not to justify or give the officer involve any excuse but, I was pulling out onto a road that I'm familiar with and do so regularly. I looked and noticed a motorcyclist and felt I had plenty of time to enter the road. By the time I pulled out, the bike was on my ass. I felt like crap. I'm a rider, I know the road. I've judged the speed of many vehicles more times than I can count and I even typically wait for a motorcycle because I do ride and most times I want to check out what kind of bike it is and just watch it at speed etc. this time I didn't. And I honestly felt I had more than enough time and space as I've judged so many in the past.

When I saw that head light in my rear view, my heart sank. I just cut off a fellow rider. I should know better. I didn't cause a collision or the rider to alter their course. Just had to slow down. But it did make me think about this situation.

The cop may have seen the head light of the rider and felt they had enough time to make the maneuver as he likely has judged the speed of so many vehicles before. But this time the rider was travelling as such a high rate of speed, it was fatal.

No one knows for sure.

I know others have pointed to other cases involving civilians that have pulled a u turn causing death and being held accountable. But in those cases, the other vehicle wasn't speeding. And when you consider in this case, the rider was travelling at such a high rate of speed and in a construction zone where most are slowing down, I'm not sure it's a fair comparison?

"The cop may have seen the headlight and felt he had enough time"

So if he saw the "speeding" bikes headlights, which he was warned about from a cop up the road, why would he attempt to turn around in the opposite direction?

Someone please answer that one. His ONLY reason for making a move like that whether or not he saw the bike was to use his car as a wall to stop the bike.
So the police officer used his car (like I said before, as police call it a dangerous weapon in a pursuit),
to block a "speeding" bike and cause the rider to loose his life.

"The cop may have seen the headlight and felt he had enough time"

So if he saw the "speeding" bikes headlights, which he was warned about from a cop up the road, why would he attempt to turn around in the opposite direction?

Someone please answer that one. His ONLY reason for making a move like that whether or not he saw the bike was to use his car as a wall to stop the bike.
So the police officer used his car (like I said before, as police call it a dangerous weapon in a pursuit),
to block a "speeding" bike and cause the rider to loose his life.

That's the thing. Did the report indicate the cop was alerted of an approaching speeding vehicle?

Were they indeed responding to such a report?

Assuming this is the case, they see the head light in the distance but, the cop isn't going to lock his view on the approaching vehicle. They are looking around their surrounding and what is in front of them.

Again, I'm not suggesting the cop isn't at fault or not responsible. I'm not a cop but, I'm on the road for 100 k a year and see and experience a lot of things.

Sometimes you make a decision based on those experiences and they don't always work out.

Taking my own example, I felt there was plenty of time to enter the roadway. I wasn't being flippant or lazy. I noticed the rider, made a judgement there was plenty of time and not until I was in the path of the on coming rider, realized they were approaching much faster than I had realized.

If my actions resulted in a collision, would I be criminally responsible? Maybe.

All speculation and subject to the findings of an investigation. Assuming no witnesses, I don't make a statement and the investigation determines the approaching vehicle was doing double the posted speed limit or higher, I hope the end result would be I wasn't held criminally responsible. I would express my sincerest apology and regret to those affected by the collision and live with the outcome for the rest of my life.

122 in a 50, not responding to a call or emergency? In February. It took them this long to decide.

I think there is another thread about law enforcement, the good, bad and ugly?

Anyways, this one doesn't make sense at all. How this cop skates responsibility is unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom