Clayton Rivet death and Questions Swirl around SIU investigation. | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Clayton Rivet death and Questions Swirl around SIU investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Claton Rivert death and Questions Swirl around SIU investigation.

Okkkk then
I commend your dedication but I think you should chill dude. You're not going to uncover any secret conspiracy theories.

Nope. Not looking for conspiracies. Appreciate your consideration. Do feel free to object/oppose any posts I make.

“In the end, it seems that one or more of the man’s speed, low lighting conditions and possible visual obstructions caused by construction work in the area, contributed to the collision that occurred. Be that as it may, even assuming for the moment that the officer was something less than careful as he proceeded into his U-turn, I am satisfied that this singular indiscretion is far less than the marked departure from the level of care that a reasonable person would have exercised in the circumstances – the standard prescribed by the criminal law for there to be reasonable grounds to lay a criminal charge.”

The above paragraph i find truly strange. Read it a couple times and then go line by line.

"In the end, it seems that one or more of the man’s speed, low lighting conditions and possible visual obstructions caused by construction work in the area, contributed to the collision that occurred."

"Be that as it may, even assuming for the moment that the officer was something less than careful as he proceeded into his U-turn, I am satisfied that this singular indiscretion is far less than the marked departure from the level of care that a reasonable person would have exercised in the circumstances – the standard prescribed by the criminal law for there to be reasonable grounds to lay a criminal charge.”

say-what.jpg

It was called a "head on collision" as that is what it is. Most assume that means front to front but if at the last second one or both vehicles swerved it would still be classified as a head on.

Is it still what is is? Still have the same thoughts?

I really don't understand how anyone can question how the rider was on the opposite side of the road. If someone pulls out in front of me, and is blocking the entire right side of the road... I am going to go left. Not sure about the rest of you....

So if the road is straight, and the rider is on the far side of it, do the math. Not saying who is at fault or who's not at fault... I'm just saying there should be no question as to it being perfectly normal for the rider to be over there, if he is avoiding an obstacle.

I would make an attempt to avoid collision myself.....

Shut down the entire forum, no need for anyone to talk about anything. The people in charge will tell us what happened and what to think

Appears to be the thoughts of the majority............

"A civilian witness’ evidence gives us some sense of this possibility when she recounts that the motorcycle could not be seen in her rear view mirror when she checked it 30 seconds before it passed her at high speed without any warning."

This is some ground braking news, if you don't look in your mirror for 30 seconds you might not have seen what was there. And these are the people investigating? Jesus christ...

Its amazing how far the cops will go when they try to justify something

Very poor judgement on the part of the officer (if the story about blocking him in is true).
Factoring ego's into the equation, I wouldn't be a stretch to imagine the officer was going to do 'what it takes' to get 'him'.. and he did; if that is the indeed the case, it's murder.

No worries. The officer got him alright.

I will assume your referring to the cop being at fault, (which IS actual;y speculation). But I guess you can write the SIU, (no sense writing the police chief as he has no jurisdiction over the matter anymore). I guess you could write the police complaints commission, the provincial attorney general. BUT they will all say the ONLY agency with jurisdiction is the SIU.

Kind of sad isn't it?

油井緋色;2190409 said:
imo, every rider at the funeral should write to every outlet we have.

SIU should have results by now and post them and the public should be able to call ******** if it's not believable. The longer we give 'em, the more of a chance the heat on this situation will fall and be forgotten (this is how the media normally works, anyone rmb Edward Snowden?)

If found at fault, the officer should just get fired. End of story. People in businesses get fired for accidently injecting SQL into databases that results in the removal of large chunks of data yet when you work for the police, you can make a big massive mistake and get suspended with pay or continue working with pay!
Was seriously hoping on more accurate conclusion from SIU myself, but didn't work out that way.

Whether the cop did this intentionally or purely by accident by having a brain fart and doing a U-turn in front of a high reving motorcycle(He had to at least heard him coming). Either way this officers actions cost someone their life. He should never be a cop again because his ability to be able to make proper decisions is not there. And he should be at the very least charged with some sort of manslaughter charge if not a full out murder charge.

Couldn't agree with you more, look forward to the future bud.......

Ohhh ... that explains a few things. I gather that the concrete divider was between what would normally be the two eastbound lanes, and the two westbound lanes, the two lanes that would normally be the eastbound lanes were not in use, and the pylons were separating the two normally-westbound lanes into one lane eastbound and one westbound? (Obviously, Google Streetview does not show this scenario - I checked)

If that is the case, it seems likely that the cop had been stopped in the unused (blocked off) eastbound lanes doing radar or whatever, and drove across the road to block off the bike's path, and then the car would have been long enough to pretty much block any chance of steering around it. IMO this is completely inexcusable if all that is at stake is a speeding ticket ...

I would believe this to be correct.

[/B]

Riding like that in a lane-reduced construction area? I'm not defending the cop; it is too early to know what he did, but is everyone seriously that surprised that these decisions end like this? He obviously was not cautious of staying within his ability. You're not doing anyone any favors by ignoring that.

Clay was speeding/stunt driving. Had anyone ignored that possibility earler, theyt surely are not now.

You have it all wrong. The rider is NOT at fault, regardless of his speed. The ONLY person responsible is the cop. The "Internet CSI's have conducted an extensive investigation of this entire incident. The SIU on the other hand didn't even collect any evidence and were likely on scene for no more than 5 minutes.

Oh for all you Internet CSI's the worst thing ANY " investigator can do is start the investigation with a predetermined conclusion.

Yeah and its kinda hard to have an open mind when its the cops investigating the cops.

We need to stop this business of running over a simple traffic infraction. When you run and take your life in your hands, police expect that you're running because you've done something with potentially life altering consequences for getting caught. Don't give them a reason.

*EDIT* This is a blanket statement, based on many previous incidents, and not meant to specifically apply to this situation.

I hear ya, but let's try reserve comment for this situation, specifically.

I would make an attempt to avoid collision myself.....

Yeah. That's what I said. Did you read it? Also learn to use multiquote instead of posting like 50 replies aight ;)

Yeah. That's what I said. Did you read it? Also learn to use multiquote instead of posting like 50 replies aight ;)

Wasn't an arguement bud, yes sir, I have read all the posts, many many times.

Wasn't an arguement bud, yes sir, I have read all the posts, many many times.

Oh, alright. Was just wondering due to post age. Thought it was some kind of refuting.

Who wouldn't try to dodge it??

Yes, I understand that some people are running because of the consequences of HTA 172. The fact remains that you're risking your life over a traffic infraction.

Very true. Risking my life and others is a very large part of my decision to not ride street anymore. I lacked an ability to restrain while on the street on 2 wheels, I no longer street ride......and have become a grandpa >2wheel driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom