Many Sportster riders on forum? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Many Sportster riders on forum?

I love my sportster. I did put new shocks on this year - stock were crap! Insurace is good too, only about 800/year. As for longer rides, yeah I'm thinking of throwing on a gel seat for when I go out for longer rides. I have a solo seat on it, did rigid mount saddle bags and just had new rear turn signals put on.
I went to many bike shows and sat on many many bikes and kept coming back to the sportster. It was a great pick!!!! The only thing that sucks about it - Is I just got caught out in the rain on it.... blah

So true. And of many many other motorcycles. Come to think of it, all my bikes fall into that category. I could fill pages with enthusiasm for my choices. It would be all I could do to not embellish on their sterling qualities. Have I mentioned my Triumph Scrambler? It's particularly nimble.

Hey dude start your own Triumph thread so I can come in and start heckling this is a Sportster thread :) we ride nimble on the normal side of the rode in North America :D

Last edited:
I love my sportster. I did put new shocks on this year - stock were crap! Insurace is good too, only about 800/year. As for longer rides, yeah I'm thinking of throwing on a gel seat for when I go out for longer rides. I have a solo seat on it, did rigid mount saddle bags and just had new rear turn signals put on.
I went to many bike shows and sat on many many bikes and kept coming back to the sportster. It was a great pick!!!! The only thing that sucks about it - Is I just got caught out in the rain on it.... blah

I hear you first time in rain is blah for sure...plus I have no experience in rain much, guess extreme caution.

Hey dude start your own Triumph thread so I can come in and start heckling this is a Sportster thread :) we ride nimble on the normal side of the rode in North America :D

:D I'm already overexposed in the Greater Toronto area. But maybe there's a Vancouver area motorcycle forum I could carpet bomb with neato Scrambler ramblings? What do you recommend?:wave:

Sportster ownership allows one to experience the full rainbow of human emotions. Ever since the engineering evolution at HD circa early eighties sales of bikes and antidepressants have gone thru the roof. And they're nimble.

Who is this clown, just ordered a Dyna a excellent bike........

I got a chance to pick up a sportster 1200 custom from a buddy a little south of us for cheapppp.. Not sure if I should do it yet..
I do want a cruiser..
View attachment 36076
Check it out with the bags.. http://www.vikingbags.com/harley-davidson-sportster-1200-low-motorcycle-saddlebags.htm

Every guy I know who owned a Sportster has loved it. I know guys with Electra-Glides who ride their wife's Sportster around town because it is a more practical, easy to ride bike in the city. It depends on the kind of riding you are doing. Frequent long 2000 mile trips are best done on a bagger, every day riding in the city with the occasional long ride is best done on a Sportster. If you like to race at the track on weekends get a sport bike.

Back
Top Bottom