Many Sportster riders on forum? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Many Sportster riders on forum?

Elwoodpdowd

Banned
Site Supporter
Lovely weather today got on the Sportster and just rode around town , in heavin riding a Sportster... only thing that don't like bit high makes it a little slow on acute turns but not bad. Enought torque to fly your shoes off the pegs. ride safe amigo's

epd

I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it after an 800km day in the saddle.

Enjoy!

I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it after an 800km day in the saddle.

Enjoy!

Sure will report back when do a few trips, waiting for some minor repairs before can go too far.

thanks, though some shorter trips was fairly normal no issue's, but a windshield is a must for the freeway.

yep, it's definitely a Harley :p .... j/k :D

nah, waiting for some new parts only not repairs..it actually has been excellent running bike, I would buy another, and likely buy the 1200 ,

epd " You can quote me" :D

NO ONE is going to admit they ride a Sportster? whimps

Last edited:
You're unique. Is that a bad thing? :)

Ok, now that's better, thought I was talking to my computer screen :) sorry about insurance too high, I guess could search for a BC group, but most topics are general and relate to most bikes and locations.

epd ride safe, lot of lunatics out there :)

Last edited:
Insurance was WAY to high for me to get a sportster.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
when i had my 2007 sportster i paid 527/ year for insurance.
great bike, wish i never sold it but the seating position was just killing me due to a old back injury, oddly enough i can sit on my cbr600rr for hours without any issues.

yep, it's definitely a Harley :p .... j/k :D

I've had two Hondas, two Suzukis, one Yamaha and two Harleys. I put more miles/kms on the Harleys than the other bikes combined, and the Harleys were the only bikes that did NOT need repairs. (Or leak oil). It seems people just can't update their opinions of the quality from the Harley AMF years, which WERE pretty bad.

Last edited:
I've been riding a '93 since '96. Couple of east coast trips and a lot of northern ontario week long trips. Bike had 3000km on it when I got it, 90,000 kms and no major problems. The bike was in the dealer once for a carb clean, and once to Rosey Toes for a leaking gasket and a clutch bearing replace. Not bad for 90,000km I'd say.

I have an '11 1200C. Rode it to North Carolina and back last month and did a 1000km day on the way back. Insurance has always been around 1K and dropped to $920 this year and that's always been with Riders Plus.

Sure will report back when do a few trips, waiting for some minor repairs before can go too far.

thanks, though some shorter trips was fairly normal no issue's, but a windshield is a must for the freeway.

My brother rides a Sportster and has done some short tours with me - i.e. 500 - 600 km day - no problems. He doesn't have a windshield and we tend to avoid the interstates when we are riding together - but he has no problems with the long day in the saddle and he likes the nimbleness of this bike. Oddly enough when I went to Arizona this spring I wanted to rent a Sportster but was refused, because the owner where I was renting thought it was "too much bike" for me with "too high a center of gravity", so I ended up renting a nice little lady bike (Honda Shadow 750) and riding the snot out of it :)

Anyway - my brother loves his Sportser and the only touring issue he has is lack of windshield at highway speeds, which is easily resolved.

Sportster ownership allows one to experience the full rainbow of human emotions. Ever since the engineering evolution at HD circa early eighties sales of bikes and antidepressants have gone thru the roof. And they're nimble.

Sportster ownership allows one to experience the full rainbow of human emotions. Ever since the engineering evolution at HD circa early eighties sales of bikes and antidepressants have gone thru the roof. And they're nimble.

Thank you for giving just about the only answer here that wasn't derisive or sarcastic

epd "you can quote me"

The Sporty has a loyal following and many owners enjoy them. Plenty of accessories to personalize and make it perform as you wish in the comfort you desire. They are fun, they are reliable, they sound great, they feel look and feel great.

Different strokes for different folks. The best motorcycle is the one you own and ride.

The Sporty has a loyal following and many owners enjoy them. Plenty of accessories to personalize and make it perform as you wish in the comfort you desire. They are fun, they are reliable, they sound great, they feel look and feel great.

Different strokes for different folks. The best motorcycle is the one you own and ride.

So true. And of many many other motorcycles. Come to think of it, all my bikes fall into that category. I could fill pages with enthusiasm for my choices. It would be all I could do to not embellish on their sterling qualities. Have I mentioned my Triumph Scrambler? It's particularly nimble.

Back
Top Bottom