Insurance with four minor convictions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance with four minor convictions

alzaeem

I'm itching to get my first motorbike. Unfortunately I have a terrible cage driving record with 4 minor convictions (8 demerit points total), and at least 2 years before they go away. Now I have been driving for 5 years with a G without any collisions or claims, if that helps at all. I turn 25 end of this year, and I just got my M2 after a riding course.

I'm willing to go with a 250cc for the next 2 years. Any recommendations for what I could do or where I could go to get a reasonable rate, no more than $2000 a year (sigh) ? For now I'd rather not combine with my car insurance, as I don't want to disturb that nest at least until my next renewal. And yes I'm looking to get rid of the car before then as it will get beyond ridiculous.

I'm itching to get my first motorbike. Unfortunately I have a terrible cage driving record with 4 minor convictions (8 demerit points total), and at least 2 years before they go away. Now I have been driving for 5 years with a G without any collisions or claims, if that helps at all. I turn 25 end of this year, and I just got my M2 after a riding course.

I'm willing to go with a 250cc for the next 2 years. Any recommendations for what I could do or where I could go to get a reasonable rate, no more than $2000 a year (sigh) ? For now I'd rather not combine with my car insurance, as I don't want to disturb that nest at least until my next renewal. And yes I'm looking to get rid of the car before then as it will get beyond ridiculous.

Statefarm might..but probably you are better waiting the 2 years.

The way the insurance company looks at a record like yours is one ticket is a mistake, two might be a coincidence. Three and more says the driver has no intention of correcting either poor skills or adherance to the laws and therefore a poor risk.

My guess is facility. Any broker can provide a price. I suspect you may be waiting 2 years before you get a bike on the street.

Try TD. I had 3 minor convictions when I called them for insurance and it was like they didn't care. The guy just raised my rate by $80. That was about 3 years ago and I've never changed from them since.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Statefarm might..but probably you are better waiting the 2 years.

A couple SF agents told me if you have MORE than 2, they can't insure you and will cancel your policy if you already had one with them.

Also, since not many people are aware of this:

When you have a hybrid license such as a G/M2 like yours, the demerit point thresholds are for the lower of the two classes. Since you are now at 8 points, it will only take 1 more demerit point to earn an automatic 60 day suspension.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ther-reason-to-get-your-M-as-soon-as-possible

So a G/M2 license holder has less points threshold than just a G driver? Odd but good to know for anyone holding that class of license.

Also, since not many people are aware of this:

When you have a hybrid license such as a G/M2 like yours, the demerit point thresholds are for the lower of the two classes. Since you are now at 8 points, it will only take 1 more demerit point to earn an automatic 60 day suspension.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ther-reason-to-get-your-M-as-soon-as-possible
Holy ****, I almost screwed myself over royally there. Thanks for the heads up!
So as you said, one more demerit point and I get a suspension. Also, I would get a suspension if I have any convictions with 4 or more demerit points, which luckily I don't. But since demerit points go away after two years from the date of the incident, I should be in a safer position quite soon.

Last edited:
Holy ****, I almost screwed myself over royally there. Thanks for the heads up!
So as you said, one more demerit point and I get a suspension. Also, I would get a suspension if I have any convictions with 4 or more demerit points, which luckily I don't. But since demerit points go away after two years from the date of the incident, I should be in a safer position quite soon.

Pretty sure it's date of conviction. or wait...was that only the ticket itself for insurance purposes....

It is 15% added per one minor to a maximum of 80% on top of base premium. Demerit points only for mto record, insurance don't care. It's ridiculous how they are allowed to grab more and more, but on the other hand they feed politicians, so end result is profit.

Under 25 with 4 convictions = BAD recipe for getting a bike. You may want to consider remaining in acage it will be safer, until your driving habits improve SUBSTANTIALLY.

But in all seriousness your NOT going to be happy with the rates for a bike until ALL those convictions are wiped clean from your record.

Back
Top Bottom