Annual gas price bitching thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Annual gas price bitching thread

Enjoying the price of diesel right now. It sucked in the winter when it was typically 10 cents a litre more and my mileage wasn't that great.

Now? Getting about 5.5 L per 100 kms doing mostly hwy at GPS indicated 119 km/h.

The sportster gets 5 L per 100 kms on regular pump. The
Buell is running 6 L per 100 on Shell v power.

Cant believe then public still puts up with the Middle East propaganda for the rising cost of fuel. It's not the 70s any more folks. We got plenty of oil here in Canada and refineries down south. It's all a game of bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Convert to natural gas. I drive a 2500 Siiverado and get 350 km to $35 of gas.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

No, it's US, our economic system that creates this ********. Speculators.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS n

A capitalist is someone who would sell you the rope you're going to hang him with if there was a profit in it.

Convert to natural gas. I drive a 2500 Siiverado and get 350 km to $35 of gas.

How is the torque on that?

The good thing about natural gas is, if you fill up at one of the very few public stations it's 89 cents a litre, if you rent a VRA it's about 45 cents a litre

haven't researched this in a while, put pretty sure conventional gas engines running natural gas have shorter lives. something about the valves and heads? Or maybe this was propane power? Couldn't care less, and can't be bothered looking it up again.

Wouldn't want to crash in a NG powered vehicle either. KA-BOOM!!!

^ well, theory is gas provides less lubrication than gas. I doubt gas provides much lubrication, but dunno.

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS n

Translation, the bogey man is a SEROUS threat. Someone touches a goat in the middle east inappropriately and we have a sectarian war. Guess it's too warm to to blame it on heating demand.

I agree with you that anything and everything that goes wrong in the middle east is exaggerated to justify price increases here.

The bad news here are that the war is real, and just getting started. I started reading about ISIS in the last two days, and all I can say is .... we are fu*****.

My truck's good. No power loss

Hmmm...sounds counterintuitive because the British Thermal Units don't add up the same.

My truck's good. No power loss

I find that hard to believe.

Can you just refill with any NG? Is it convenient?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

The bad news here are that the war is real, and just getting started. I started reading about ISIS in the last two days, and all I can say is .... we are fu*****.

You're buying into their BS and being conditioned appropriately. ISIS? LOL... flavour of the month club.

haven't researched this in a while, put pretty sure conventional gas engines running natural gas have shorter lives. something about the valves and heads? Or maybe this was propane power? Couldn't care less, and can't be bothered looking it up again.

It shows you have never researched natural gas. The cylinders are 100 times safer then a gas tank. The shorter life thing is a myth. I've seen vehicles as old as the dinosaurs on natural, and running good.

Hmmm...sounds counterintuitive because the British Thermal Units don't add up the same.

Older technology was where there was a power loss. It's all controlled by the computer.the only place it's not worth running natural is on diesel, they run a 60/ 40 split, therefore the savings isn't worth the cost of conversion.

I find that hard to believe.

Can you just refill with any NG? Is it convenient?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Not sure what you mean by just any natural gas.
Anytime your want proof I will show you my truck running on gasoline, then on natural. It's only convenient if you have a home VRA. there's only 5 public stations, one in St. Catherine's, one in south Etobicoke, one in north Etobicoke one in Scarborough and one in Peterborough. There's a few garbage companies that have converted. In the USA they have approx. 700 stations because there's more government incentives. Here we are concentrating on fleet vehicles. My company has over 700 vehicles on natural gas. GFL in Orangeville just had a station installed, BFI in Barrie had one installed, there's one in Ottawa. Collins auto parts run their vehicles on natural. Most zambonis in the gta are on natural, tons of companies running natural gas fork lifts. There's over 250 VRA's in the gta.

Last edited:

Both propane and NG converted vehicles have a habit of burning valves or holes in the tops of pistons. They run much leaner then a gas engine and have much higher cylinder temps. The newer systems are much better then the ones of even 10 years ago, but if not properly setup and maintained you could run into trouble. For a while in the late 90's early 2000's you could get a GM Savanna van with a factory NG system. They were pretty good.

I'd never buy a conversion vehicle because i've never seen a conversion that was not a complete hack job. The propane jobs were worse then the NG's but then again I saw alot more propane conversions then NG to be fair.

They get by this little restriction by dumping in way more fuel. A gas powered truck might consume 16L/100km but on NG or propane it will burn 30L/100km but since the fuel is a third of the price it's still cheaper.

It would be nice to have a NG vehicle and a filling station at home simply to not have to go to the gas station.

Back
Top Bottom