401 WEST bound | GTAMotorcycle.com

401 WEST bound

hedo2002

Site Supporter
Well I can give the good and bad news personally on this one.

This morning 6:20 am I am in the left lane of collectors heavy traffic doing about 45 k. When BAM rear ended. I managed to keep the bike upright. I look to the left no vehicle look to the right no vehicle look in rear view mirror see a sport bike down. I then see the rider pop up and limp to the right shoulder.. Park my bike on left shoulder, dismount. I go grab the other bike as it was laying between the #1 and #2 lane. I was still thinking that perhaps a car had plowed threw him and hit me too.

But it turned out it was just him who had collided with me. a witness said it appeared he realized he was coming up too fast and tried to lane plit me and the car to my left they saw it and hit the brakes but he, (the other biker), hit me and was thrown, they swerved about 8' trying to avoid him but still ended up running over his ankle/foot area. He was in obvious shock by the time I got to him, he was resting on the guard rail. He was also squidding it, and had some pretty good road rash on his legs and arm/torso area.

He was taken from the scene by EMS.

I won't post his identifiers here.

Although OPP report lists it as a 2012 Black Suzuki RBT, it was a blue and white GSXR.. damn rookies..lol

anyway, my bike damages include Rear turn signals, (on my bike they are a one piece bar mounted to fender), rear fender scraped up, saddlebag stitching torn out, (due to signals hitting it), and exhaust is bent up some. Likely about $5,000, (exhaust alone is $1800). His front tire went between my rear tire and exhaust pipes.

His bike the front fairing non left side of windshield broke off and lots of road rash on lower right side fairings. Frame slide was pretty beaten up to.

Insurance has already said recorded as no fault, and all is good.

Now I am headed out, (on the bike to visit a friend in New Liskeard), hopefully the rest of my ride is uneventful.

To the other rider GWS

Wow that sucks. Good to hear you and the bike are relatively okay and GWS to the other guy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wow glad you are ok. No comment on the other rider cause I might get an infraction.

I guess it shows that it's not just the cars we have to worry about, it's other riders.

Thanks for sharing this, glad you are ok.

Hope the other rider learns to ride better after this and to wear proper gear:)

Glad you are ok. GSX-R and squid seems to be synonymous.!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Just a quick update: going to see doctor later today, after about 24 hours I started to feel the effects of the collision. Sore neck and back is tender, worst is my shoulder socket, have lost some range of motion. I am presuming that is due to the handlebars being jarred so violently.

This is a lesson to all the riders out there that when stopped, hold onto both handlebars. In retrospect had I not been holding on I sure it would have meant my going down.

Well I FINALLY talked to the adjuster for my accident, she has missed all my calls, (to be fair I missed her first call last Tuesday). I now also have an accident benefits adjuster, (to deal with my injuries).

The appraiser saw the bike on Friday. Dealership should have prices for him Monday, so bike will not likely be back for another week or more. Damages, recorder, (I missed some things), are total exhaust pipes are kinked, new saddlebags, new turn signals and brackets etc, New rear fender and new gas tank.

I totally missed the dent near bottom of tank, (bike was in pristine condition and only has 18,000 km on it. They said they wil;l just replace the tank and the fender, (fender has one scratch to metal about 3/4" long but shop said it is cheaper to replace with painted fender than to have scratch fixed and fender painted.

So far TD can't confirm other rider's insurance the policy number written on police report is too short to be a valid SF policy number and apparently SF is saying they can't locate anyone in their system with that bike and name. So according to TD I may be on the hook for the deductible, (it is considered pending), until they confirm he is insured rider otherwise I am screwed if he had a fake pink slip and was an uninsured rider.

But they said the copper, (rookie) could have recorded it wrong but there is a chance he had insurance and canceled it himself or was dropped by SF but kept pink slip..

They have requested a plate search to confirm his insurance if they can't they "will send him a letter"..lol. if he is riding uninsured I am SURE he will reply knowing he is on the hook for my damages and injury treatments, Easily in excess of $10,000.

Back
Top Bottom