Fighting a parking ticket (maybe an odd situation) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fighting a parking ticket (maybe an odd situation)

kcalB

So i went to the dentist this morning, parked my bike in the proper area before the pole with the sign. I know I was on the right side, as i made sure I was. In my haste to get this dam tooth pulled (lots of pain) i didn't lock the handle bars. Some ****er actually moved my bike out of the way (effectively pushing me behind the sign), and i came out to a parking ticket. Its 40 bucks, which I guess is not all that much, but its the principal of the matter. Has this ever happened to any one else? How am I supposed to fight this? Its probably not worth my time over 40 dollars, but does any one have some insight into how I could go about fighting this? The car beside my bike was different from the one i parked behind originally, this is the only scenario i can think happened. This **** is pissing me off dammit!

Can't be reversed brah, ticket is already written. Just fight it, changes are parking officer will not show up. good luck.

That really sucks, they usually drop it to $15 if you plead guilty, but you will need evidence to prove that someone else have moved your bike if you plead not guilty. I understand it is unfair and a principle to you, but effectively it is a $15 you are trying to fight though. Good luck.

Hey, the glass half full. Look on the bright side, the moron who moved your bike could have dropped it all alone and taken off. Would have been much more pain than just a tooth and $40.
Pay the damn thing, and move on.

Hey, the glass half full. Look on the bright side, the moron who moved your bike could have dropped it all alone and taken off. Would have been much more pain than just a tooth and $40.
Pay the damn thing, and move on.

While the above reply is a bit edgy it is a reminder that our vehicles of choice are susceptible to all kinds of crap. People sitting on them, moving them, lost paid parking receipts, exposed shiney stuff to be messed with, SMIDSYs. etc. Happy survival comes from finding the right level of paranoia.

If you go to the office listed on the back of the ticket you might be able to get it reversed. Many have in the past, for various reasons. The difficulty is that you'll be taking a day off work to save the value of the ticket, with no assurance that you'll be successful.

So i went to the dentist this morning, parked my bike in the proper area before the pole with the sign. I know I was on the right side, as i made sure I was. In my haste to get this dam tooth pulled (lots of pain) i didn't lock the handle bars. Some ****er actually moved my bike out of the way (effectively pushing me behind the sign), and i came out to a parking ticket. Its 40 bucks, which I guess is not all that much, but its the principal of the matter. Has this ever happened to any one else? How am I supposed to fight this? Its probably not worth my time over 40 dollars, but does any one have some insight into how I could go about fighting this? The car beside my bike was different from the one i parked behind originally, this is the only scenario i can think happened. This **** is pissing me off dammit!

Wow,that really sucks I would fight it.The question is will they believe you?I never lock my handle bars.

Back
Top Bottom