Racing radiators? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racing radiators?

JohnnyP636

Site Supporter
Anyone have any links for racing radiator manufacturers that are readily available? I dont really want to order from Europe if I dont have too. And I am looking specifically for a 2009-2014 ZX6R race rad

Appreciate any info on suppliers and manufactures

If they have figured out how to dress themselves yet, the people at Attack might be your best source of info.

If they have figured out how to dress themselves yet, the people at Attack might be your best source of info.

LOL I read about your bad experience with them, but I cant hate on em as Ive ordered a few times from Attack and had nothing but good experiences. I have 2 sets of their triple clamps, rearsets, and clipons and I love them all..So I will shoot them a message and see what they say

Out of curiosity is the bike overheating with the stock one? I think the price of a race rad doesnt really represent the best value when building a race bike.

Out of curiosity is the bike overheating with the stock one? I think the price of a race rad doesnt really represent the best value when building a race bike.

No its fine and Im not racing either, but they are known as "race rads" and I am interested in purchasing one anyways.

With one bike that had cooling system capacity issues (ZX10R), I installed an automotive transmission oil cooler in series with the smaller-diameter hoses leading to the oil cooler (which is an oil-to-coolant heat exchanger on that bike). Aside from being a #^$#&$*(#%# to get all the air out of the system - it was impossible to do it without having someplace for air to get trapped! - it brought the operating temperature under control, as long as the bike is not stuck in traffic. Even in that situation, it still recovers faster once it does start moving.

Gil at attack said he's going to look for one for me, hopefully that comes through. There are tons of brands I just have no personal experience with any of them. So I was hoping for some suggestions before I drop $1000-2000 with a company I have never bough or used any products from before

With one bike that had cooling system capacity issues (ZX10R), I installed an automotive transmission oil cooler in series with the smaller-diameter hoses leading to the oil cooler (which is an oil-to-coolant heat exchanger on that bike). Aside from being a #^$#&$*(#%# to get all the air out of the system - it was impossible to do it without having someplace for air to get trapped! - it brought the operating temperature under control, as long as the bike is not stuck in traffic. Even in that situation, it still recovers faster once it does start moving.

The older GSXR1000's used to have that rad/oil coller on the bottom of the water radiator, and if I didnt get a compete racing rad I would consider adding another small rad like that to the bottom of my rad..I would really prefer to get a complete racing rad that is thicker and bigger
this is and option however
Triumph%20Daytona%20675%202010.jpg

A guy I know got a kit race rad for his R6.......it was huge, and looked trick.......but was over 3 grand.

A guy I know got a kit race rad for his R6.......it was huge, and looked trick.......but was over 3 grand.

Im looking at the $2000 range, $3000 Ive never heard of one costing so much for a sport bike....Maybe $2500 after shipping and import but not $3000

To each their own my OEM rad is $800+, I kinda mangled it, have a spare 09 rad on there for now, but would be interested in a race rad

Yeah its not cheap but it wouldnt be the most expensive waste of money I have spend on my bike either

Back
Top Bottom