June 19th, rider down, Don Mills | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

June 19th, rider down, Don Mills

2 riders down Don mills South bound ... That would be me and my buddy.

Red ZX6 (me) , silver CBR.

We're currently @ Sunnybrook, just banged up a bit.

Jetta crossed our Lane to get into the Plaza.

I don't think it's wise to comment on details online, but it clearly was not my fault.

I'm happy to hear this little bit of news. Too many deaths this year....Get well guys!

Jetta crossed our Lane to get into the Plaza.

I don't think it's wise to comment on details online, but it clearly was not my fault.

passed by this morning, seriously thought the silver cbr rider died because it was in such bad shape. glad to hear you guys are okay, gws!

Update....

@ Rob Maclennan - Thanks, I had x-rays and a CT scan done. Nothing broken, but I do have a fractured pelvis. Walking with crutches. Preciption has been given but is currently in my pocket.

I left the hospital @ 5, the other rider was still there but he's doing ok.

Driver of the car involved was charged with some type of unsafe turn and apparently his license was already suspened.

I took this pic from where I landed....

20140619_075347.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Update....

@ Rob Maclennan - Thanks, I had x-rays and a CT scan done. Nothing broken, but I do have a fractured pelvis. Walking with crutches. Preciption has been given but is currently in my pocket.

Driver of the car involved was charged with some type of unsafe turn and apparently his license was already suspened.

20140619_075347.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Glad you guys are relatively ok, and thats a hell of a pic

Dude: if you have a fractured pelvis, that means it's broken.
Glad you're not in worse shape.

I hate hearing about driver's with suspended licences continuing to drive and causing other people grief. Just shows you how useless some of our laws are.

Update....

20140619_075347.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow. Lucky it's not worse. Good to hear you're both somewhat ok. I'll never understand how the driver isn't charged with something more severe. Especially if he/she is suspended at the time.

Update....

Sounds so much like what happened to me, years back. Stay off your feet as much as possible for that fracture, take your meds, and listen to your doctor. Heall quick, because we were already feeling the loss of you two yesterday ;)

Holy crap that pic. Wish I had a pic of the car that hit me.

Jetta (I think) crossed our Lane to get into the Plaza.

Glad you guys are doing good :) GWS

Update....

20140619_075347.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

can't believe u were laid out like that but still were able to take pic lol

Thanks for all the GWS's :)

I am staying off the leg the relaxing, not taking the situation lightly and following orders.

Just spoke with the other rider, his shoulder is busted but he's happy it wasn't worse.

Thanks for all the GWS's :) I am staying off the leg the relaxing, not taking the situation lightly and following orders. Just spoke with the other rider, his shoulder is busted but he's happy it wasn't worse.
Seeing your accident and reports of the other ones yesterday sent me the chills.. I went down 1yr ago to the day! I was very lucky things worked out ok for me. I feel for you guys mate. Good to hear things are on the mend.

Jetta (I think) crossed our Lane to get into the Plaza.

Hope you both get well soon!

Thanks for the support, and this would be the 3rd chance (that was accident #2 for me).
I'm done for this riding season....

Late to get to this but glad to hear (directly and indirectly) from two of three riders in the two accidents. GWS all around.

And that SB HOV is awful. I rode it every warm weekday for about two years and it was pretty much an every-other-day close call experience. My worst near-miss happened when some lady in a silver Accord tried to make a left turn from a small side street N of Lawrence, doesn't even bother looking at the SB traffic and just rolls right out through the stop sign, sees me, and dead stops across my entire lane. Took a few hours for the smell of my brakes to leave my nostrils, ended up a few inches from her hood.

All riders commuting on Don Mills in rush hour, please stay on DEFCON 1 idiot alert. It saved me 10-20 mins on my commute every morning but it almost cost me my bike and more a few dozen times.

Back
Top Bottom