Getting insurance is quite discouraging here | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting insurance is quite discouraging here

I was down at Deals Gap on the weekend shooting the breeze with a guy from Indiana on an SV650. He pays 80 bucks for the year..bare bones but still!!

Doesn't matter if you're 21 or 100. In the end, you're a rookie and high risk to insurance companies. They go more-so by experience/age ratio's (with other little factors aswell). You're car insurance and driving history makes jack all as it's not the same. I've had my license and insurance since 16 and thats 10 years now.. still barely makes any difference to my bike rates if at all.
When I was 20, on a 250R, I was paying 3200/year. Stayed that way for a while.. Getting a 600 as your first bike, insurance companies probably won't like you for a bit. But do keep shopping around!

^ I'd give up riding if I had to pay over $2k for insurance in a year esp. on a baby 250. Surprising a new 2014 VFR750 is under $1k for me for full. then again I don't live in toronto.

Price out one of the vfr I mentioned. You can get a 750 for about $3k or an 800 for $3-4k.

^ I'd give up riding if I had to pay over $2k for insurance in a year esp. on a baby 250. Surprising a new 2014 VFR750 is under $1k for me for full. then again I don't live in toronto.

Price out one of the vfr I mentioned. You can get a 750 for about $3k or an 800 for $3-4k.

I gave up street riding because I was sick of paying $1200 a year for an R6 I rode once a week

I was going to say... find a 600 not a 636 and I bet it gets cheaper.
A 650R or SV650 is even more on State Farm since they charge by engine size. It would have been cheaper for me to start on an SS than my 650R, heh.

You new riders are picking the wrong bikes to insure/ride

I know you all want a sporty but if you can't pay to play with that 600 then it's time to think about a standard street bike . It sucks but how bad do you want to ride?
Get something small and non sport and ride that for about three years and get your full M ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom