Kahuna closing | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kahuna closing

Re: Kahuna closing?

Yup, bankrupt but they claimed otherwise until the very last day. "Just moving", or "changing to a service-only shop" etc... Even the last day they were open, they were trying to take orders from customers etc.

I know of at least one rider whose bike wound up getting locked up inside the shop, despite one of their service guys telling him he'd be able to come pick it up on the Saturday AFTER they closed up permanently. It appears they closed "officially" on Friday the 18th -- the few days prior to that they were "closed for inventory"... so the poor guy is now out both his bike, AND the money he paid them for it, unless the number on that notice gets him somewhere. Pretty bad deal.

Effing Kahuna. Still screwing people even after they are gone.

Yup, bankrupt but they claimed otherwise until the very last day. "Just moving", or "changing to a service-only shop" etc... Even the last day they were open, they were trying to take orders from customers etc.

I know of at least one rider whose bike wound up getting locked up inside the shop, despite one of their service guys telling him he'd be able to come pick it up on the Saturday AFTER they closed up permanently. It appears they closed "officially" on Friday the 18th -- the few days prior to that they were "closed for inventory"... so the poor guy is now out both his bike, AND the money he paid them for it, unless the number on that notice gets him somewhere. Pretty bad deal.

Yikes, that's terrible. What avenues does he have to get his bike back? Likely a costly/time consuming on.

is the bike in the building? did I miss something?

Call the police?

This is standard practice for closing shops. Every shop in recent memory has done it exactly the same way. The creditors are in charge now. People will get their stuff back, although if someone paid money on a new bike but the transfer wasn't done, that's a tricky situation that will require a little more work.

Closing down and claiming bankruptcy doesn't' absolve the owners from willfully separating the guy from his motor-vehicle. Unless Kahuna was registered as a corporation I believe the owners are still liable.

I'm not a lawyer, but I would be doing everything in my power to crap on them and get my bike back ASAP. I couldn't even imagine that happening.

Closing down and claiming bankruptcy doesn't' absolve the owners from willfully separating the guy from his motor-vehicle. Unless Kahuna was registered as a corporation I believe the owners are still liable.

I'm not a lawyer, but I would be doing everything in my power to crap on them and get my bike back ASAP. I couldn't even imagine that happening.

I believe someone mentioned prior that there is a bankruptcy notice on the front door.
Not need for any drama....just contact the trustee, present your ownership and you will be allowed to retrieve your bike. It may take a little time but it will be resolved.

I believe someone mentioned prior that there is a bankruptcy notice on the front door.
Not need for any drama....just contact the trustee, present your ownership and you will be allowed to retrieve your bike. It may take a little time but it will be resolved.

Life without drama? :D

I hope it worked out for him.

Back
Top Bottom