Kahuna closing | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kahuna closing

Re: Kahuna closing?

Businesses are not charities.. If other people felt as you do and did not want to buy Yamaha or Triumph from them then there was no market demand for the products and they have to go.

Any Kawasaki dealer can perform warranty work.

...and they won't charge us for recall service work??

You can go to the dealer of your choice for no charge.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You can go to the dealer of your choice for no charge.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Now THAT is some good news!!!

About time. As its a pain in the *** to get a trailer in to Kahuna's parking lot.

I don't shop there because I couldn't get parking for a car

Sent from my tablet using my paws

So no more Triumph, no more Yamaha... Kahuna is not the place where I would buy a bike from, but still one less dealer carries those brands make me sad. Both brands make excellent bikes.

I believe they are dropping the MV Agusta line also.

So no more Triumph, no more Yamaha... Kahuna is not the place where I would buy a bike from, but still one less dealer carries those brands make me sad. Both brands make excellent bikes.

Triumphs are overpriced. Yamaha seems to not be up to speed with Kawa and Honda lately, long times between model refreshes and they are stubborn about not offering ABS options.
Yamaha is making noises about starting to make cars, as bike sales are lowest in decades.

Very confusing situation. Ducati’s franchise agreement dictates that no more than two other brands may be sold by any one dealership at the same location. Plus, there has to be a definite and distinct division between the Ducati brand and the other two. Last time I was into Ride Cycle (last summer) they still hadn’t got that part worked out.
The new Kahuna webpage shows six brands; Honda, Kawasaki, Indian, Ducati, MV Agusta and Norton. It does have both the Kahuna Powersports and the Ride Motorcycles logos so it’s possible that each company has three brands. AND just too muddy the waters more, the Ducati brand is listed as Ducati Toronto while the MV brand is listed as MV Agusta Toronto on their respective corporate websites.

Imho, Ducati has no business being sold all the way up there. Something expensive like that should be next to BMW on the DVP. Who from TO for example is going to travel north to look at Ducatis? No one. They'll go to BMW instead.

Imho, Ducati has no business being sold all the way up there. Something expensive like that should be next to BMW on the DVP. Who from TO for example is going to travel north to look at Ducatis? No one. They'll go to BMW instead.

Motorcycle industry is on an upswing, but still suffering. Rents/leases for businesses in Toronto are nuts. Makes sense financially to be in the 905. But you're right, some buyers won't make the trip.

Motorcycle industry is on an upswing, but still suffering. Rents/leases for businesses in Toronto are nuts. Makes sense financially to be in the 905. But you're right, some buyers won't make the trip.

wtf?? Are you guys serious?

Sure, it may not be the best place to sell them but to say people will go over to a different brand just because they don't want to have to drive?? We're riders for ****s sake, we pointlessly ride countless hours just for fun...

If you're dropping 20+ grand on premium bike I doubt they're thinking "Ohh I got to drive a half hour to go get it". Sure BMW might be closer but if I want a Ducati, I want a Ducati.

Same as if I want a Benz, I don't give a **** how close the BMW dealer is...

Well think about that. Purchasing a premium luxury brand is about the experience. You want to see a fancy well lit showroom with big glass windows and spotlights trained on the red bikes. Perhaps a complimentary drink.

Someone spending 20k on a premium luxury item is the same as buying a watch at Birks or something.

They are _not_ interested in travelling to a strip mall near Brampton. They want to be enabled that it is a great idea, the best idea ever!

Lifestyle!

A strip mall can't sell lifestyle. Yes, you can buy the watch in a strip mall but you haven't had the experience of being fluffed there.

I was with my mom when she bought a Tag Heuer for my dad at Birks Sq.1.

I was also with my dad when he bought his Benz' (Benz's??) both within the past three years and they weren't the lower end models either...

Point is at no time did I feel we were getting some extraordinary treatment. Yea, they let us test drive just about anything we wanted no questions asked and since they were custom orders we go to pick every little detail but at no time did I feel we were buying into some "lifestyle".

Maybe if we chose the option for the European vacation where you pick up your car and a have a factory tour in Stuttgart, then you drive your car around Europe and have it shipped to your dealer here when your done...Now that's an experience/

The people with the type of a mindset you're referring to are just too uppity *** for me.

I honestly believe that if you are located close to your target customer you help facilitate keeping yourself in their mind every time they walk by, drive by, until they decide to use their disposable income on the luxury good you are selling.

Maybe an Italian motorcycle is huge in the north/north-west end. I would have figured that demographic to be all about the Japanese brands..

I think part of why Mackie HD is big in the east end is because of the demographic of the area. Mostly white, mostly blue collar. Many of them cannot conceive of owning a Japanese bike if they work for GM and the whole buy-domestic ideology. Mackie is almost, but not quite, across the street from GM.

I went inside the store once. It is a large store and it is a lifestyle store. They sell a lot of clothing and the like with the brand. I don't remember actually seeing the bikes much. They're sort of to the side. I didn't feel like they were set up to sell me a bike but definitely a jacket.

Maybe an Italian motorcycle is huge in the north/north-west end. I would have figured that demographic to be all about the Japanese brands..

don't forget all those Italian guido dudes up in Vaughn/Woodbridge...;)

Good point.

I somehow just assumed that if they lived up there they aren't the people who can drop 20k on an impulse.

I shouldn't assume!

Well think about that. Purchasing a premium luxury brand is about the experience. You want to see a fancy well lit showroom with big glass windows and spotlights trained on the red bikes. Perhaps a complimentary drink.

Someone spending 20k on a premium luxury item is the same as buying a watch at Birks or something.

They are _not_ interested in travelling to a strip mall near Brampton. They want to be enabled that it is a great idea, the best idea ever!

Lifestyle!

A strip mall can't sell lifestyle. Yes, you can buy the watch in a strip mall but you haven't had the experience of being fluffed there.

People who have a lot of money usually don't fall for this marketing crap. You would have been surprised at how minimal Yonge-Steeles Ferrari was for decades. They seek out the bikes, they know about them, they don't "shop".
The people who fall for this crap are the ones who really cannot afford these things.

Back
Top Bottom