RACE - SOAR Invitational @ SMP June 27-29. WHO'S GOING? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE - SOAR Invitational @ SMP June 27-29. WHO'S GOING?

Dont know have to wait for info package from Chris. He said he would get it to me this week.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

768578.gif

Well, I am out, regardless of the tow vehicle situation. My dad is very sick and I need to visit him this weekend.

Guys,Girls,, I don't think many of you really understand how big of deal this is. I don't think many of you understand how much we all have to gain if this works.
Seriously! SOAR has done a lot for our sport. As well the history behind RACE can not be ignored. The value we all have by making this work is monumental.
There WILL be problems. That's a fact. There will be cross over issues that will have to be fixed at the track on the fly. There is only so much Ken and Chris can do.
Also understand Chris works a real job all week as does Ken. So they are much like the rest of us. So instead of looking at what the problems are lets look at this as a chance to fix many of our sports problems. Lots of the problems will be fixed by numbers. Ken has worked hard to get this to happen with RACE. Chris is also very excited about it and didn't think he could pull the endurance off with the time slots he was given. But with some coaching from Ken they will make it work. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,, come out and enjoy the weekend. Expect some bumps in the road as growing pains and lets do this right! Ken has worked hard for all you SOAR riders,,now it's a chance to have his back!

Last edited:
I just want this to work!
Being in this sport as long as I have this event can change the course of our future. We could end up with some very good events next year or more.
With the way things have been for the last few years optimism is awesome!

I just want this to work!
Being in this sport as long as I have this event can change the course of our future. We could end up with some very good events next year or more.
With the way things have been for the last few years optimism is awesome!

... With SOAR, RACE and the CSBK all having dates this season there is simply to much racing available in Ontario (who would have thunk that statement would ever be made).... in a perfect world or at least the Ontario part of it SOAR/RACE could share the regional pie, this is a super important event to help make that happen, thanks to everybody who's helping to make this happen, see ya @ S'ville. BG

PS: BTW, Grand Bend could defiantly hold a National Road Race .... the town, track, ownership and organization are all first class and God knows we could use more National racing (I miss Cherrypickerracing.com). Ben

I wish I could come this weekend but I am about to get on a plane to Vegas for a wedding (not mine) that probably won't even happen. I could ride in AM Superbike as a RACE license holder and Pro Superbike as a SOAR guest?? Race all the SUPERBIKES!!

I wish I could come this weekend but I am about to get on a plane to Vegas for a wedding (not mine) that probably won't even happen. I could ride in AM Superbike as a RACE license holder and Pro Superbike as a SOAR guest?? Race all the SUPERBIKES!!

Cherry picker! :D

Racing,,,,Vegas,, well at least you'll save some money!:p

If anyone sitting on fence because they need bike transport to Shanny, or need a pit setup, a fella i know has room for up to 4 bikes on his trailer, 10 x 20 canopy, traveling from Vaughan area. Send me a pm if you want info.

Ken, do you know if we have to run in the practice group with the race that we are running? I will be racing in rookie but hoping someone can show me some lines since I haven't been there on any config and I assume that there wont be as many rookies that know the place as other guys. I am asking you as I haven't gotten a response from RACE yet and even though it isn't your event you have some info.

Anyone able to show some lines to a SMP newb on Saturday morning?

Also if anyone needs help with any endurance things (setting up, keeping track of laps should the timers fail, etc...) let me know as most of the guys I go with wont be making it this weekend so I will just be hanging out all afternoon.

Just wait till your there. I am sure if you talk to Chris he would be ok with it. Keep in mind Chris has a day job he is only paid a few hours a week to do RACE stuff. Leading up to an event is insane. Phone,email,web etc is relentless.

Of course we can show you. Come find us.

Anyone able to show some lines to a SMP newb on Saturday morning?

Also if anyone needs help with any endurance things (setting up, keeping track of laps should the timers fail, etc...) let me know as most of the guys I go with wont be making it this weekend so I will just be hanging out all afternoon.

Just wait till your there. I am sure if you talk to Chris he would be ok with it. Keep in mind Chris has a day job he is only paid a few hours a week to do RACE stuff. Leading up to an event is insane. Phone,email,web etc is relentless.

Thanks Ken, I could only assume that he is crazy busy right now, which is why I asked you, cause you have nothing to do right? :rolleyes:

And for any SOAR racer that is unsure of anything come find us and we will help as we can and if nothing else we will helpp you to get guidance from Chris/Larry etc

Of course we can show you. Come find us.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom