RACE - SOAR Invitational @ SMP June 27-29. WHO'S GOING? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE - SOAR Invitational @ SMP June 27-29. WHO'S GOING?

umm??? how did you guys here there will be an endurance race? nothing has been said at any of the race events thus far. would have been nice to be able to put something together.

I emailed Chris as I was wondering if it would be a regular RACE schedule with SOAR racers or vice versa. It seems more like a SOAR round at Shannonville with the endurance race included.

....We're trying to work it into the schedule.

Had no idea there was a Femme race in the schedule. Someone might come out of retirement for that.

Well as of Monday it was a go so if things change or anyone gets word of it changing let us all know.

Heres a couple questions. do we have to have a R.A.C.E. licence? Do we have to run dots for 600 classes? how do we preregister? is there a practice day fri? I Dont know where to get info on this stuff

Heres a couple questions. do we have to have a R.A.C.E. licence? Do we have to run dots for 600 classes? how do we preregister? is there a practice day fri? I Dont know where to get info on this stuff

Shannonville.com

You have to sign up to be a premium member or something. There is usually a Friday practice.

No idea about DOTs in 600.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can call the office at shannonville to preregister cut off is wed I think. and its a bit cheaper. Friday there is always practise. and dots are required if you are a top finisher. they will let you run if you don't care about getting dq'ed if you finish too well. And nope. not a word about the endurance, and there was regional classes at the national weekend.

Last edited:
SOAR racers should keep in mind as well:

RACE Novice 600 = SOAR Rookie
RACE Amateur 600 = SOAR Novice

SOAR racers should keep in mind as well:

RACE Novice 600 = SOAR Rookie
RACE Amateur 600 = SOAR Novice

No.
There is 100% an endurance race
SOAR Novice is RACE Amateur
SOAR Expert is RACE Pro
Chris is running all of our classes and our tire rules are in place for our classes. If you want RACE points that may change things will have to ask.
I am waiting Chris's info pack regarding registrations and details, he has a plan in place for transponders as well. you do NOT require a RACE license /membership your SOAR license is fine.
I want to bring a hundred bikes into the Shanny pits. We need to be there in mass to convince the owner that he needs to let Chris have some more rope so we can do bigger things in 2015. So please if you can manage it please make it out.
This guy (who has thousands of laps there) has not turned a wheel on Shanny since 2004 is bringing two sprint bikes and will be doing the endurance on The Ironmonger R6. I will enter whatever classes my wrecks can go in.
Also if you are not 100% sure about what you know and dont please dont put out bad info ask me and I will do what I can to answer your questions and will post details as soon as I receive them. Bad info could potentially deter some from making the effort. I cannot stress enough how important this is. We have ONE chance to show that racing is not dead in Ontario. He understands only one thing. MONEY, If we can show that we are serious hopefully he heads to his vacation home next season and we can really make some waves.

KenRead my note again. It is right.SOAR Novice racers have come to SMTP and registered in RACE Novice thinking it was their class.RACE Novice is for beginners just like SOAR Rookie.I didn't list expert and pro since I assumed it was self evident.
No.There is 100% an endurance raceSOAR Novice is RACE AmateurSOAR Expert is RACE ProChris is running all of our classes and our tire rules are in place for our classes. If you want RACE points that may change things will have to ask.I am waiting Chris's info pack regarding registrations and details, he has a plan in place for transponders as well. you do NOT require a RACE license /membership your SOAR license is fine.I want to bring a hundred bikes into the Shanny pits. We need to be there in mass to convince the owner that he needs to let Chris have some more rope so we can do bigger things in 2015. So please if you can manage it please make it out.This guy (who has thousands of laps there) has not turned a wheel on Shanny since 2004 is bringing two sprint bikes and will be doing the endurance on The Ironmonger R6. I will enter whatever classes my wrecks can go in.Also if you are not 100% sure about what you know and dont please dont put out bad info ask me and I will do what I can to answer your questions and will post details as soon as I receive them. Bad info could potentially deter some from making the effort. I cannot stress enough how important this is. We have ONE chance to show that racing is not dead in Ontario. He understands only one thing. MONEY, If we can show that we are serious hopefully he heads to his vacation home next season and we can really make some waves.

No.
There is 100% an endurance race
SOAR Novice is RACE Amateur
SOAR Expert is RACE Pro
Chris is running all of our classes and our tire rules are in place for our classes. If you want RACE points that may change things will have to ask.
I am waiting Chris's info pack regarding registrations and details, he has a plan in place for transponders as well. you do NOT require a RACE license /membership your SOAR license is fine.
I want to bring a hundred bikes into the Shanny pits. We need to be there in mass to convince the owner that he needs to let Chris have some more rope so we can do bigger things in 2015. So please if you can manage it please make it out.
This guy (who has thousands of laps there) has not turned a wheel on Shanny since 2004 is bringing two sprint bikes and will be doing the endurance on The Ironmonger R6. I will enter whatever classes my wrecks can go in.
Also if you are not 100% sure about what you know and dont please dont put out bad info ask me and I will do what I can to answer your questions and will post details as soon as I receive them. Bad info could potentially deter some from making the effort. I cannot stress enough how important this is. We have ONE chance to show that racing is not dead in Ontario. He understands only one thing. MONEY, If we can show that we are serious hopefully he heads to his vacation home next season and we can really make some waves.

Cool Thanks Ken. I will leave the slicks on then and bring my SOAR licence with me. And I will call and preregister next week. Anyone know what config they will be running? PRO? Long? are they the same thing?

Pro is just the perimeter, Long includes the infield.

I heard it was Long but I don't know for sure.

I don't know the exact class changeover rules but...
Didn't Ross and Donny do a race round last year and win and also lap everyone in the field? Wasn't that because they were in the wrong group thinking they were in soar novice?
I'm confused. But that's nothin new lol
I could be wrong..

I don't know the exact class changeover rules but...
Didn't Ross and Donny do a race round last year and win and also lap everyone in the field? Wasn't that because they were in the wrong group thinking they were in soar novice?
I'm confused. But that's nothin new lol
I could be wrong..

SOAR Expert = RACE Pro
SOAR Novice = RACE Amateur
SOAR Rookie = RACE Novice

Novice as I understand it is required for new riders and you cant move until approved. Rookie is voluntary and can enter any race wanted and can opt out all together or whenever without organizer approval. Rookie may very well run with RACE novice but thats up to Chris. Chris has told me he intends to run all of our classes. How they are organized is up to RACE as they are the people actually running it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I don't see prices on their site, how much is the endurance going to cost?

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom