Best motel to stay in on Manitoulin Island or nearby? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best motel to stay in on Manitoulin Island or nearby?

Gordon's Lodge in Gore Bay!

I stayed once at Gordon's Lodge. The reviews don't lie!

A nice place which is a house converted into a hostel/BnB is Auberge Inn and located in Providence Bay. They cooked us a great gourmet pasta dinner and we would definitely go back there! http://www.aubergeinn.ca/

I also stayed at Green Acres Campground and they had a nice beach and waterfront.

I hope you're joking.

If you're staying in Gore Bay the Queens Inn is a wonderful place. http://www.thequeensinn.ca/ Gordons Lodge is tied with a dive hotel in Sefrou Morocco for the worst place I've ever stayed.
When I worked for Manitoulin Transport(20 years ago), I use to stay at Gordon's Lodge all the time. Back then it was "the place".....I see things have changed. Carry on!

Stayed at the wigwam I believe. Just up the street from the ferry, nice not having to ride for some time to your motel. Pretty clean, no hilton but it did the trick and was fairly inexpensive (I'm thinking just shy of 200 for 3 nights but this was around 3-4 years ago).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your going to Manitoulin, You got to go to Carol & Earls for lunch,breakfast or supper. They have the most amazing food All home made. nothing from frozen packages. They are located just up the road from the Shell gas station.

Last edited:
If your going to Manitoulin, You got to go to Carol & Earls for lunch,breakfast or supper. They have the most amazing food All home made. nothing from frozen packages. They are located just up the road from the Shell gas station.

+1

I did Canadian part of the Lake Superior about a month ago.
I will definitely go back to do Manitoulin for a weekend run.
I would leave GTA early to get the bike load up on the 8:30am ferry. I would stay in providence bay. I would do most of the ride the first day and chill the next day morning. Take the afternoon ferry back to Tobermory. I would be back to GTA around 8PM.

Riverside Fish N' Chips in Kagawong, across from Bridal Veil Falls. It's local whitefish, caught/bought/fried that day usually. Very satisfying. Carol's is good too. If you are there on Friday before 1pm, Gore Bay has a Farmer's Market. Head to the Gypsy Farms table and buy whatever you can get your hands on. EXCELLENT and very unique organic produce/preserves.

Or nearby? I always recommend the Queensway in Espanola based on price and good enough. The lady is a little loopy too. I enjoy the blast up, nice road.

I'm boarding the 7am ferry to Manitoulin on Saturday, made reservations. That should give me more than enough time to explore.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm staying in Hawberry Motel in Little Current. Will head back through Espanola, the long way around.

Anything worth seeing on Manitoulin, lmk.

Won't have time for hiking but if something is not too far off the road I'll venture out.

Are there any paved roads west of Meldrum Bay? I'm not scared of a little gravel but my tires are not the best for that.

The Mississaugi light house is near Meldrum Bay and there is a nice gravel road to it. You can still tour the old lighthouse. Pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom