Accessible Parking Permet - HTA S27(1)(b) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Accessible Parking Permet - HTA S27(1)(b)

Fail to "display receipt" of paid parking. If this was done there would've been no problem, but now it's obvious op was trying to get free parking.

Which brings up and interesting point. You're either guilty of failure to display a receipt or improper use of a permit. I don't think that both can apply as you're effectively being for two infractions. in one act.

No, he can get dinged for both. He "potentially" didn't pay AND he misued the permit.

Here's my theory: You're caught driving at 160 Kmh on the 401 and charged with both speeding at 60 Kmh over the limit and stunt driving. You can only be found guilty of one or the other, not both, because both charges are for the same single act.

Here's my theory: You're caught driving at 160 Kmh on the 401 and charged with both speeding at 60 Kmh over the limit and stunt driving. You can only be found guilty of one or the other, not both, because both charges are for the same single act.

While that is usually referred to as void for duplicity, courts in York Region were asking that the charge be laid under both sections initially, so they could drop the stunt on a plea. Later the courts were allowing an amendment to just the speeding charge. We were never given that direction from our management, who told us that it was one or the other, not both.

arrrgh...some days my head just wants to explode. Let's just have trial by combat.

I name The Mountain as my champion.

While that is usually referred to as void for duplicity, courts in York Region were asking that the charge be laid under both sections initially, so they could drop the stunt on a plea. Later the courts were allowing an amendment to just the speeding charge. We were never given that direction from our management, who told us that it was one or the other, not both.

That's why I said "convicted" rather than "charged." This was a tactic used in order to force people charged into taking a conviction, when negotiating at First Attendance. A slimy one at that since, as I said, only one conviction could be applied.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom