Kind of a silly question on liabialty insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kind of a silly question on liabialty insurance

Elwoodpdowd

Banned
Site Supporter
Lets say we park a bike in a crowded part of town with kids/dogs/cats running around. If a kid did touch a hot exhaust pipe, has not happened
but would we be automatically at fault in a court case, just wondering.. I'm guessing insurance would cover it?

Lets say we park a bike in a crowded part of town with kids/dogs/cats running around. If a kid did touch a hot exhaust pipe, has not happened
but would we be automatically at fault in a court case, just wondering.. I'm guessing insurance would cover it?

I would expect you not to be held responsible unless you park it somewhere stupid like in the middle of a playground.

Parents should be responsible for controlling their kids/pets. If they don't and the kid/pet gets hurt, it's their fault. They should reasonably assume an exhaust pipe could be hot. There is also nothing you can do to not make it hot or prevent retards from touching it.

Maybe I'm using too much common sense though...

100% at fault. The kid that is. Sue him for touching the love of your life.

+1...if not parked anywhere weird like the middle of a playground or blocking the daycare entrance....

Kid should get a klop in the chops for not minding his/her own business.

Kid should get a klop in the chops for not minding his/her own business.

+1

Chances are is that (proposing properly parked, kid walks up, touches hot ehaust, 2-3rd* burns) the parent very well may file suit for damages (medical care including, if its the states). you may win in the end, or get some idiot judge who finds partial fault. either way the rider loses. there are stickers on many exhausts warning of heat dangers, no?

This will come down to the lawyer in the end.. and whomever has deeper pockets.

North America banned pop-up headlights to make cars more "safe in the event of a crash with a pedestrian" - I would be hardly surprised if some kid burned himself and daddy-deep-pockets sued.

This will come down to the lawyer in the end.. and whomever has deeper pockets.

North America banned pop-up headlights to make cars more "safe in the event of a crash with a pedestrian" - I would be hardly surprised if some kid burned himself and daddy-deep-pockets sued.

pop-up headlights were the ****, miss em.

The question is will the liability portion of his insurance cover someone injuring themselves touching his motorcycle? Peanut gallery has already established that there's a chance you could be sued

Based on what bodily injury liability is supposed to cover, that's bodily harm to someone in an accident you cause, if you were found responsible for some dumb parent letting their kid run off and touch your bike, then you were responsible for the accident, so your liability should cover it. Best bet is to clarify with your insurance company.

The question is will the liability portion of his insurance cover someone injuring themselves touching his motorcycle? Peanut gallery has already established that there's a chance you could be sued

Based on what bodily injury liability is supposed to cover, that's bodily harm to someone in an accident you cause, if you were found responsible for some dumb parent letting their kid run off and touch your bike, then you were responsible for the accident, so your liability should cover it. Best bet is to clarify with your insurance company.

This type of liabiltiy is covered under home policies.

i think we need a response from someone with legitimate insurance knowledge/background.

I don't see this as a reasonable concern. An kid can walk up to any idling car and inhale CO from the tail pipe until they die, or touch a hot exhaust.

A more reasonable concern is a motorcycle toppling off a side stand and injuring a kid.

I don't see this as a reasonable concern. An kid can walk up to any idling car and inhale CO from the tail pipe until they die, or touch a hot exhaust.

A more reasonable concern is a motorcycle toppling off a side stand and injuring a kid.

Let's not mix apples and oranges, this is a very real possibility, not likely but kids or kids.............

The kid would have to prove negligence on your part.
Parking your bike in a normal fashion is not negligent.
Parking you bike across the front doors of a daycare center could be construed as negligence... cuz it is just plain stupid.

we have a no-fault insurance system in ontario.

Your insurance would pay all legal fee's and any damages to you (which you would give to the kid), IF an idiot j.p. found you responsible.

If they don't pay you can sue the insurance company.

That 1 million / 2 million dollar liability the insurance company insisted you get... that's what this is for.

The kid would have to prove negligence on your part.
Parking your bike in a normal fashion is not negligent.
Parking you bike across the front doors of a daycare center could be construed as negligence... cuz it is just plain stupid.

There are dozens of ways to park and not know if the house or building we park in front has a private daycare center, not like they all have big signs in front, but I was
just wondering about it, no concearn really, thanks

There are dozens of ways to park and not know if the house or building we park in front has a private daycare center, not like they all have big signs in front, but I was
just wondering about it, no concearn really, thanks

I don't think he means parking in a legal parking spot in the street in front of a day care centre, but on the property in front of the doors.

If you're parking on the street where you're supposed to be parking, that isn't negligent and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Strange question. On a related note, I love how excited kids get around bikes. Makes me feel young knowing we share the same excitement lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The fact that someone actually would actually have to ask this question just goes to show how retarded we as a society have become

Back
Top Bottom