Vintage Mini Bikes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vintage Mini Bikes

I'm working on a Kawi G3SS right now, at a snakes pace I might add!
This is how it looks now

This is how it will look in the end

Stock the bike makes about 11hp but with mods planned it should be closer to 20.
My partner in crime has managed to increase top speed from 50 mph to 70 but our goal is 85mph.
That's awesome........
tmas

Mod 88 ZB50 with NSR50 suspension and brakes.
tmas

Attachments

• IMG_3205.JPG
    IMG_3205.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 34
Here's my not the retirement fund:
dg5krs7.jpg

sold my 2 fizzies (Yamaha FS-1E's) this summer to get back some garage space

Mustie1 fixed up a ct70 a few months ago, when I was a kid that was my dream bike. Cool that you can license them and ride on road legally, but once you turn 16 you're already too big for it!

First bike owned was a Honda CT70. Was the Cadillac or Rolls Royce of mini bikes in the day vs. the Honda 50 and some of the other lawn mower engined or 2 stroke bikes on the market.

I got a honda QA50 (ugliest mini bike ever) when I was 6. It was almost indestructible. ungraded to a CT70 at 8 and thought it was the most awesome thing ever. Then my buddies got yamaha 80's , proper clutch and transmission, looked like a motorcycle. They wrecked everything, I worked two part time jobs (farm kid) to get an 80. They bought 125's....... its been forever thus...

Where do people ride them when they aren't plated and insured?
When I was a kid, it was easy to walk it across the street to the field there, but I haven't seen that sort of thing happen in 30 years.

When I was a kid, it was easy to walk it across the street to the field there, but I haven't seen that sort of thing happen in 30 years.
Same places! but the average kid today is too way busy becoming a couch potato and extremely proficient at playing video games.

The last time I rode a CT70 was in the quarry behind Wescam in Burlington around 2002. Not exactly the best getaway vehicle if the fuzz showed up, but it was pretty quiet so it didn't attract attention. Where can you legally ride an unplated, uninsured bike? Only on land that you own (or an event that carries insurance). The fun police have ruined childhood.

Around our cottage there are some hydro cuts and lumber roads that aren’t legal , but it’s far enough off the beaten path nobody ever sees police. We hear and see a few kids enjoying the season . It’s all fun till somebody gets hurt. Then the lawyers take over . Lawyers have ruined summer fun.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom