Quebec Trial - Car Stops to help ducks, Motorcycle hits car (fatality) | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quebec Trial - Car Stops to help ducks, Motorcycle hits car (fatality)

Re: I belive there should be no mitigating factors as a 16yr girl is dead

That's more reactive.

Proactively, better MANDATORY driver training or better (read; Harder) driving tests. All easier said than done, and has to get past the bean counters, but until something changes from the beginning, it won't help in the long haul.

As I've said many times, making driving tests harder won't do much. Virtually anyone can work hard enough to pass a test. After that they don't care enough to maintain their skills, nor attention. The only way to handle that is through enforcement. You can certainly improve skill levels above "average" through training but only for those who care enough, and best done via financial incentive (insurance premiums).

Or the 1/4 ton missile.

Certainly.

Last edited:

This is just SOP for the courts to suuspend the sentence pending appeal outcome. They do it because it will take longer to hear than she would have served on weekends. Then say she serves her jail time and the appeals court reduces it to say 15 days how does she get those days back? So she isn't getting any sort of preferential treatment.

What bothers me the most about this event is that Duck Lady is probably no different than millions of other drivers, oblivious of their surroundings. Graduated licensing should start with a moped in heavy traffic. Four wheels come later if you survive.

What bothers me the most about this event is that Duck Lady is probably no different than millions of other drivers, oblivious of their surroundings. Graduated licensing should start with a moped in heavy traffic. Four wheels come later if you survive.

I will concede that there is one benefit of making it more difficult to obtain a driver's license; people take it more seriously. By that I don't mean graduated licensing that, as with our current methods, is merely an extension of the previously existing system. I mean requiring certified professional training and performance testing, as well as steps in the licensing process. It will never happen.

Back
Top Bottom