Rewinding a stator - Who and where? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rewinding a stator - Who and where?

Mina

Site Supporter
Just wondering if there is a local recommended shop that can rewind my stator?

I replaced the burnt one with a new OEM unit but since they're ~$300, I'd like to have this one rebuilt and keep it as a spare.

Thanks!

14154515128_39cdd813b3_z.jpg

John at Bent Bikes, he's open Friday and Saturday.
He does not do it himself, but he has a good guy who does.
Had at least 3 stators rewound through him. Never an issue after the fact.

John at Bent Bikes, he's open Friday and Saturday.
He does not do it himself, but he has a good guy who does.
Had at least 3 stators rewound through him. Never an issue after the fact.

Thanks, what's the average going rate to have it rewound?

Any other recommendations/suggestions?

Last edited:
Yes I would also like to know, I've got one I could use as a spare too if it doesn't cost that much. Also just good to know for the future.

Oh man. it was a while ago. I'm sure it's around a hundo.

Just wondering if there is a local recommended shop that can rewind my stator?

I replaced the burnt one with a new OEM unit but since they're ~$300, I'd like to have this one rebuilt and keep it as a spare.

Thanks!
14154515128_39cdd813b3_z.jpg

If it just needs to be rewound, any automotive alternator rebuilder should be able to do it as well.

Ricks motorcycle electrics....

http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/aftermarket-stators

Last edited:
it does not say it came from Rick's and it is also not installed correctly so it is touching... Read the last post.

I can say the 2006 GSXR IMHO is really not well made. My buddy and I were on a trip when his rectifier/regulator went. His stator is prolly next..

BB

Last edited:
I've done a lot of reading on the topic over at gixxer.com. That video was linked in a thread where the poster installed a stator from Rick's. A lot of people said it could be improper installation but a lot of others confirmed that they were still hearing the whistle even after double and triple checking their work.

I changed my R/R and stator at the same time as they work hand in hand and if one goes back, chances are, the other is toast as well.

I was originally going to buy a stator from Rick's, but after doing a little reading, his stators were making contact for whatever reason and was creating a "whistle" when you rev it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No7ZGXgoYjw

That would bug me to no end.

just replaced the stator on mine with a ricks, so glad i ran into this. hearing that whistle as well.. pretty sure its mounted as accurately as it was when i took the oem apart.

Back
Top Bottom