Which car. Any car enthusiasts here? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which car. Any car enthusiasts here?

Hmm never considered VW. The newer ones dont look too bad. I just remeber sitting in the back of my cousins Golf. Frickin tight back there lol

Who cares. Not like you're gonna sit back there. It's fun, decent on gas, looks good IMO and can haul a light trailer with lots of trunk space(rears folded down).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares. Not like you're gonna sit back there. It's fun, decent on gas, looks good IMO and can haul a light trailer with lots of trunk space(rears folded down).

I would be tempted to stance it out, slam it, get a Thule roof rack and be a Euro boy racer LOL.

This is why I am going for a more luxury car, So I wont end up modding it.

Mercedes C350 sedan or coupe

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 or the 3.8 pick the t or the gt or the r-spec you can go from 247 to 348 Hp

Subaru WRX

I used to like the BMW's but I don't like the interior's anymore....looks cheap for some reason or another...

just my thoughts....

edit,,,,,,you wanted 2009, sorry none of the above are then for you, 2010 and above are the better looking ones....

Last edited:
Mercedes C350 sedan or coupe

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 or the 3.8 pick the t or the gt or the r-spec you can go from 247 to 348 Hp

Subaru WRX

I used to like the BMW's but I don't like the interior's anymore....looks cheap for some reason or another...

just my thoughts....

Subaru WRX Will get me into trouble. Merc I love Mercs but if your getting a c-class It's so basic inside, c class mercs would need to be AMG for it to win my wallet and bank LOL but those are still out of range :(

Hyundai I love the Gen, but where I live I just see to many around, all boy racers. Im trying to get out of that phase

I've driven two of the three. For me? I'd go Lexus. Great car and driving experience. Dealer support second to none.

Audi. Best drive and quadro. Reliability and dealer support too big a question mark.

Acura. Fwd, ugly beak grill. Does it have a soul? Never drove one to find out.

I wouldn't touch any of the German makes, esp used ones.

Sounds to me like the the Brand cachet is important to you, based on your choices (Acura, Lexus, Audi).

You won't go wrong with the Lexus, but its kinda small and expensive, and the auto rags don't talk too kindly about the 250. they love the bigger 350 though, which is the only IS version I would be looking at.

As much as I like the Acura, I wouldn't choose the TSX. Its soon to be discontinued, and if you can ignore the badge, the Honda Accord Sport would be a better choice over the Acura TSX. It's a more modern design and its engine has Direct Injection, which the TSX does not. If you look at the Accord Sport vs the TSX on the dyno, you will see the Accord engine makes much more usable power in the lower rev ranges, where as the Acura, you really have to wring it out to get moving. The Accord Sport manual does 0-60 in 6.6 seconds, so its plenty quick. Has trick 18" wheels, heated seats, the best damn shifter and clutch in the business, and other niceties.

Why buy a used Acura, when you can get a brand new Honda Accord Sport manual for around $22 grand + tax + freight (Honda has a $2000 cash back offer, and dealers are discounting this car in the $1500-2000 range as well, which will bring you to the $22g mark)

Why buy somebodys used car with potential problems, when you can buy a new reliable car with warranty in the same price range.

907wo6.jpg

I've driven two of the three. For me? I'd go Lexus. Great car and driving experience. Dealer support second to none.

Audi. Best drive and quadro. Reliability and dealer support too big a question mark.

Acura. Fwd, ugly beak grill. Does it have a soul? Never drove one to find out.

haHah Acura got no soul! I liked the Lexus it wasnt bad. Never touched an Audi yet.

I wouldn't touch any of the German makes, esp used ones.

Sounds to me like the the Brand cachet is important to you, based on your choices (Acura, Lexus, Audi).

You won't go wrong with the Lexus, but its kinda small and expensive, and the auto rags don't talk too kindly about the 250. they love the bigger 350 though, which is the only IS version I would be looking at.

As much as I like the Acura, I wouldn't choose the TSX. Its soon to be discontinued, and if you can ignore the badge, the Honda Accord Sport would be a better choice over the Acura TSX. It's a more modern design and its engine has Direct Injection, which the TSX does not. If you look at the Accord Sport vs the TSX on the dyno, you will see the Accord engine makes much more usable power in the lower rev ranges, where as the Acura, you really have to wring it out to get moving. The Accord Sport manual does 0-60 in 6.6 seconds, so its plenty quick. Has trick 18" wheels, heated seats, the best damn shifter and clutch in the business, and other niceties.

Why buy a used Acura, when you can get a brand new Honda Accord Sport manual for around $22 grand + tax + freight (Honda has a $2000 cash back offer, and dealers are discounting this car in the $1500-2000 range as well, which will bring you to the $22g mark)

Why buy somebodys used car with potential problems, when you can buy a new reliable car with warranty in the same price range.

907wo6.jpg

If the IS350 came in 6 spd manual, I would be all over it.

Im pretty happy with Honda, like I said my family is all Honda/Acura drivers. I have a Prelude. I driven civics, Accords, CRV, 3.2TL, 3.0CL. TSX.

But for some reason while Im very pleased with what Honda offers, Im trying to find a different "feel" in a car now. Thats why I decided to go Lexus and even think about Audi.

The new Accords dont excite me too much with the new looks. I was thinking of the 2012 HFP Accord. But just, I dunno trying for a different feel lol.

Last edited:
Bud, if you think Hondas are boring, glorified Toyotas, esp lower version IS250s aren't much better. Unless you go F sport.

Hondas are boring and anyone who thinks otherwise needs a head exam. In not one single way does an accord compare to anything like the audi or lexus. Fit and finish is so far past Honda it's not funny and yes I've owned more than one of each. Torque.... Honda forgot to make that too

The gti would have been another suggestion I would have made. They're a riot to drive, very roomy and able to tow a small trailer indeed. If you're worried about molding it don't kid yourself. You'll do it to a sedan just the same. It would be something I'd consider.

I just picked up a acura TL and couldn't be happier with it.

Fit and finnish and quality of materials was way better than the 3 and 5 series i have owned.

I have had head aches with german cars, and any japanese car i have owned i just did oil changes, and brakes.

I would skip the TSX and look at the TL.

I drive 100km round trip a day, and i wanted a comfortable car, with certain amenities and the Acura delivers on most ( just miss rwd, but that is what my track bike is for)

a lot of options that come standard on my TL were big upgrades on german cars, like memory seats/mirrors (wife is 5' and I'm 6')
greatest feature in a car! haha

How about the Cadillac CTS? Likely find a nice low mileage 2010+ CTS with Performance package (and possibly even AWD) in your price point. I know there's not much GM love on here but last year my friend picked up a low-mile 2010 CTS4 with Perf Pack for $25k and it's got lots of power, decent on fuel, great handling and has been trouble-free. Not my only friend with a CTS either and they all love them. Just a thought.

I have had 6 German cars and 4 Japanese cars. Overall the German cars are far more fun but come at the expense of reliability. The Japanese cars are a little more "dull" but in every case have be absolutely stone cold reliable. The only way I would touch a used German car would be if it came with a full bumper to bumper warranty for the length of time I would plan to keep the car. Even then constantly going back to the dealer is a real pain.

From my own experience, I would recommend Infiniti G35X. I bought a 2007 model in 2011 for $21K plus taxes. It had 60k kms, now has 135k. Other than just regular maintenance, no surprises in the last 3 yrs. Plenty of power, grip, style, all top end features as standard. I see plenty of low mileage G's from 2011 and 2012s...try one out and see if you like..

Acura too blah. Old man car the way it looks now too. I like how some journo's called the front reminiscent of a klingon war ship. How about this for a 2011 review article "Acura TL Gets Less Ugly, More Gears".

Lexus is reliable and ok.

I don't have a problem german cars, but my experience extends to the higher volume models. They tend to be reliable with all the kinks worked out due to volume.

If you mention the Audi A4, I'd consider the BMW 3 series too. Same size and competitors. Get the x drive for AWD if you want it. A big seller so a fairly well sorted car overall. The 328 would be in the same arena as the 2.0 A4. Yes the 335 is great but more pricey. My friend has a 335 xi (awd). Been reliable and a very nice car.

The VW GTI suggestion I agree with. Beautiful car, fun, good gas mileage, great interior, large fan following, and a big seller so it is well sorted. FWIW a 4 door GTI will have basically the same back seat room as a bmw 3 series and Audi A4 series. One can fit 2 full size adults in the back of a 4 door Golf/GTI quite well with no knee/leg space issues.

I have a 2012 Golf R. It has the same AWD and 2.0 turbo at the Audi TTS (280 hp), 6 spd manual. I've had less problems with my german car than with the domestics I've owned.

epcp-1111-07-o%2B2012-volkswagen-golf-r%2Bfront-view.jpg

Last edited:
Infinity G37x coupe? Done. Sexy, nice ride, drive great. I'm an old man now so, 4 doors for me.

Caddy CTS is pretty good but, it feels..........heavy......

Golf r.... yes please! Cost is slightly more than what op wants to spend though.

G37 is nice too. Guy at work got one recently. Fun car and that exhaust more is simply awesome. :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom