Which car. Any car enthusiasts here? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which car. Any car enthusiasts here?

My older brother has an x5 which is sitting in his garage useless. The cost of repairs seems to be of equal value to the cost of the vehicle. The x5 was given the worst reliable vehicle in a consumer report, go figure.
Which year is it? My 06 has been quite reliable, about $150 in unexpected repairs while I've owned it. Coolant expansion tank leaked and the driver's side door handle carrier broke. Both are known flaws. One brake light socket melted a bit but 5 mins with a soldering iron solved that. Still working after a year.

I simply snicker when kids these days run godly-expensive setups on their hotrods and then slap on some no name Dragon/Triangle/Nexxen tires.

Pathetic.

Agreed.

Or the kids who slap on wal mart or canadiantire chrome rims n they think its hot ****

I got these recently to go on one of my cars. :D :D
Dunlop Direzza Z1 star specs.

attachment.php

I got these recently to go on one of my cars. :D :D
Dunlop Direzza Z1 star specs.

attachment.php

Isn't that an autocross tire? I looked at Direzza DZ101's but settled on Conti Extreme DWS for my A4.

Damn! how much did those cost?
Nice offset too what car is this going on?

:) I like it too. Tire Rack had a close out sale and saved me huge $$. A bit under $1k to my door all in.

It's going on this. GXP with mods.
attachment.php

Isn't that an autocross tire? I looked at Direzza DZ101's but settled on Conti Extreme DWS for my A4.

Good memory. Yup. The top of the line extreme performance category tire at Tire Rack by Dunlop, now replaced by the Z2 (not available in this size yet, if ever, but hopefully). It's well known as a track tire, though a reference AX tire as well. A definite step above the DZ101's, etc. A friend in Japan has experience with them endurance racing and says great things. I don't put much mileage on this car and I AX it so the future looks fun. :)

I was going to get the DWS as well before this sale came up. Nice tire there. Small world.

Last edited:
Nice. One thing I learned about wheels and "stance" (god I hate that word) is that it's a deep personal choice, usually dependent on the demographics of the owner. I think slammed, stretched, bagged and cambered is repulsive on a BMW or Audi but you see it everywhere at meets. I prefer an OEM sport pkg or OEM+ drop and some spacers to flush the wheels out like above.
Those are far from slammed & dropped.
I'm talking about modifications such as OZ wheels. Mines was Keskin, look it up. German made, dropped forged, meaning they won't break if you hit a pothole. Staggered, meaning 225mm at front, 245 at back
Which year is it? My 06 has been quite reliable, about $150 in unexpected repairs while I've owned it. Coolant expansion tank leaked and the driver's side door handle carrier broke. Both are known flaws. One brake light socket melted a bit but 5 mins with a soldering iron solved that. Still working after a year.
It was 2004. He replaced 2 handles already. Including expansion tank.

Damn! how much did those cost?
Nice offset too what car is this going on?

Nice. My street car is on Continental DW's, and DWS on the other. I love the DW > DWS. The DW's are so comfy, so quiet, so compliant (compared to star specs). Basically the most durable sticky tire there is, and it's cheap! I'm running a monster 235/50/17, and it soaks up Toronto roads with a smile. Mileage has been knocked down 5mpg's, so I'm looking for RPF1's to offset the increase in rolling resistance..

I currently have a stack of BFG R1's for autox fun--looking forward to it after a few seasons on star specs and Toyo RA1's before that.

Back
Top Bottom