Orange signs/lines regulatory or advisory? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Orange signs/lines regulatory or advisory?

FiReSTaRT

Site Supporter
I know white are regulatory, yellow ones are advisory, but what about orange lane markings/signs in construction zones?

Regulatory, they're just there temporarily until the work is over and they repaint the white ones.

But if an orange sign is stating 60 km/h in a work zone, that is the posted speed limit for that area.

Get nailed with a ticket in a construction zone while guys are there, and itll be a sad day for you.

But if an orange sign is stating 60 km/h in a work zone, that is the posted speed limit for that area.

Get nailed with a ticket in a construction zone while guys are there, and itll be a sad day for you.

Thanks guys. I've been treating them as regulatory, just wanted to verify. My biggest beef is with the ones in Mississauga where you have them for months without seeing a single construction worker, but plenty of speed traps.

They are unenforceable; which means those orange signs actually default to 50/80 in Ontario.

Durham (Regional Municipality) v. Snowden, 2012 ONCJ 676 (CanLII)
http://canlii.ca/t/ftjsp

52. The court therefore finds that while the orange and black temporary or advisory speed limit signs to be unenforceable. Given the white regulatory speed limit signs with black lettering which are enforceable were covered at the time of the alleged offence, the speed limit in the area legally reverted to a 50 km/h zone as defined under the Highway Traffic Act.​

Thanks for the input, guys. I was unsure about the orange lines in construction zones. I'm assuming they're advisory only then? So for example, changing lanes in a construction zone, solid orange line?

Thanks for the input, guys. I was unsure about the orange lines in construction zones. I'm assuming they're advisory only then? So for example, changing lanes in a construction zone, solid orange line?

Unless accompanied by a sign like "maintain lane", the lines are relatively meaningless.

Unless accompanied by a sign like "maintain lane", the lines are relatively meaningless.

Thanks.. The problem is that when the speed limits drop, not too many people reduce their speed.. So some may catch up to me while I'm in the left lane and I follow the basics of lane discipline, just always had that feeling in the pit of the stomach about getting nailed on a lane change ticket lol

I respect the construction signs, not only are they regulated but the roads are full of surprises

Sent from my tablet using my paws

I respect the construction signs, not only are they regulated but the roads are full of surprises

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Meh, the ones on QEW are always up but the crews are present once every other blue moon and then they just shut down an additional lane or 2 with those big flashing signs.

Meh, the ones on QEW are always up but the crews are present once every other blue moon and then they just shut down an additional lane or 2 with those big flashing signs.

You might wreck your car if you hit one of those potholes

Solution: Drive an orange Construction vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom