Faded Sticker Unreadable | GTAMotorcycle.com

Faded Sticker Unreadable

rakkaus

my plate sticker is faded and it's unreadable, do i get a ticket if i get pull over?.
my renewal is in a couple month should i wait or just go get a replacement?

Well it will depend on the copper, the day is having, your attitude, how low he is on tickets..lol Just too many variables, that I would want to take the chance on it. If the renewal is soon you can get the new one for the full year and it will expire on your birthday next year, (or two depending on if you select 1 or 2 years). no need for a replacement. You can renew up to 6 months in advance of your birthday.

my plate sticker is faded and it's unreadable, do i get a ticket if i get pull over?.
my renewal is in a couple month should i wait or just go get a replacement?

Happened to my wife's license plate, apparently there was a bad batch. Hers was replaced for free by license bureau.

You should have a corresponding validation sticker on the back of your registration permit that would allow confirmation of the license plate sticker.

I've seen lots of faded paint on plates (bad batch noted above) but I've never seen a faded sticker...

Happened to my wife's license plate, apparently there was a bad batch. Hers was replaced for free by license bureau.

if it's free then i guess i should get it replace, thanks :D

Note both of the above were talking about licence PLATES not the sticker. But the FLSTC is correct the validation sticker on the rear of your registration will confirm, the sticker is current. Now if you have moved or for any other reason had to get a new registration since you renewed the sticker is no longer there. BUT the number from the sticker is printed on the face of the new registration. It is printed near the header VAL TAG NO
On the plate portion of the ownership.

if it's free then i guess i should get it replace, thanks :D

Actually, I didn't make it clear above. The plate was fine but the sticker looked like it had been bleached and was illegible.

Gerry

Sorry rakkaus, I thought it was free. That said $7 will be cheaper that the ticket.

what the heck have you been wiping on it? in all my years of ownership, i've never had a sticker even remotely fade to unreadable state....
:p

seems strange to me too. I've had decades old stickers still look brand new. I used to peal em off and stick em on my tool box.

Back
Top Bottom