BMW s1000rr + long distances | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW s1000rr + long distances

Re: BMW s1000r + long distances

Heard the RR has heat issues? As in you'll feel like you're riding on a fireball

I concur with you. I test rode S1000R and there was a very noticeable heat at speed coming from the front of the bike, especially on the left side. The ride was rather short, so I don't know how much it would bother me in the long run, but it's definitely a big concern for me.

Older thread but great choice. You'll find the S1000RR similar ergonomically to your R1. Mechanically it's been great there and back again 3 times, no problems. I have a 2010 S1000RR with 75,000 kms and it's not getting any less, we're out to Vancouver Island again this fall. If you pack light the 4 small nylon loops under the seat will secure all you need for distance turing.

Great summer now and if I see you out West we'll wave A hello to SunnY S - any track days coming up?

The s1000rr does get hot. I find that if I'm wearing my armour pants, it's noticeable, but not a problem. Other than that. it's a great distance bike.

The R and RR are different bikes, no? I seem to see people interchanging between them in this thread but I thought we were discussing the RR. The R is probably more upright and more comfortable.

Yea, realized the r/RR mistake after I posted. Can't change subject heading. Got back to Toronto over the weekend and jetlag is a *****! And man the weather sucks :). Now considering the options on when to pick up and more importantly where to ride to. Till then, I'll have to ride around in wife's ninja, which sucks. I like to think that I love anything on two wheels, but the zx6r just irks me the wrong way, I have no idea what it is :).

Made an appointment with Toronto BMW for Sat, we'll see if I can get some kind of deal worked out.

everest29k, you rock man, keep it up! BTW, Anyone know any track days coming up in Bogie, I know about the track/race section on the forum, but I'm not up to date on MotoGP and don't want any spoilers till I watch the last two.

Well...here she is in all her glory:

fmmKaJF.jpg

Very nice. Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what was the price OTD? Why didn't you go with the competition package?

Very nice. Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what was the price OTD? Why didn't you go with the competition package?

OTD was $27K and change. I only saw the competition package at Budds and Toronto after the fact but still I was mulling it over the last couple of nights and I still haven't really made up my mind. it's another 6K and for me what's offered is pure vanity (nothing wrong with that), but hard for me to justify although when spending 27, 32 is not that much of stretch I guess to go all out. The rear sets, wheels and the carbon offered on the competition is nice, but I'd probably would go with Woodcraft or attack on mine any ways ( around $500), and you can get a Marchesini Genesi Forged AL for about $2.5K so all in all it's about 3K already. The rest of the 2K is for carbon I guess and I'm not sure if I really need that. But man, does it look good :)

But don't quote me on it, as I just might change my mind and go for the comp package come Monday.

Back
Top Bottom