Edmonton by Teusday 1PM | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Edmonton by Teusday 1PM

Finally changed my tire, got the tire strapped to my bike since Michigan.
Rained yesterday afternoon and was bitter cold earlier in Alberta but i finally got great weather here in BC.

I need the Edmonton job for my Alaska trip.

So far my ride have been a minimum of 1000+ kms days except when i went for interview and yesterday when I changed my tire.

I explored Edmonton and see the Motorcycle scene in the city. Mostly cruisers, they say sport bikers are growing and the track is always full.
I was happy to park my bike beside 2 other cbf1000 and 2 varadero.

2ehedume.jpg

Schnauzer with helmet.

za9ebyse.jpg

Rain

ata6uneb.jpg

22alberta going to crowsnest pass

jedu9y8u.jpg

First view of the rockies

That's some serious riding. Kudos to you. I'll want to do cross canada eventually. Work and type of bike is holding me back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$1000 budget for an interview !?!? that must be one hell of a job.....

Being in Alberta I'd make a guess that says it pays rather well. They actually make good money out there. A concept Onterrible should discover ;)

Being in Alberta I'd make a guess that says it pays rather well. They actually make good money out there. A concept Onterrible should discover ;)

Yeeep, My sister works in Fort McMurray as a mining engineer at one of the oil companies. Her bonus was pretty much my annual income. *sigh* lol

There's a lot of jobs that pay well there other than oil too. I miss it. Why I came back here and stayed is still beyond me. :dontknow:

If one is working on a rig, this is what they can expect. Remember that a guy would get 1.5x hourly wage after ~8hours per day.... and work is 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. Rig workers are on a rotation, 14/7 or 20/10 etc. Tough job, long hours, not for everyone. If anyone wants to apply make sure they don't have a drinking problem or drug addiction, because that is not tolerated.... dangerous work can't have guys that aren't focused. If the lowest guy on the totem pole works 44 weeks out of the year (on rotation, 2 months off for break up... can't move rigs if ground is too soft), then they will be pulling in somewhere a bit shy of $90k. That is for a leasehand. Floorhands are fairly entry level positions too, and I have seen guys move up to driller in 5 years. Even up to motors in 2 or 3 if they are keen. Floorhands and Leasehands do NOT need any previous oil field experience to start working!

bit below is from:
http://www.mdslimited.ca/wages

(CAODC) October 01, 2013 Recommended Wage Rates:
The following is the recommended Canadian hourly wage schedule by CAODC Canadian Association of Drilling Contractors as of October 01, 2013 (based on land rigs working an 84 hour work week).

Job Title Rate (Approx)
Driller $44.80 or 46.80 /hr or $4659.20 or 4867.20 /wk
Asst. Driller $40.00 or 41.50 /hr or $4160.00 or $4316.00/wk
Derrickhand $38.00 or 39.50 /hr or $3952.00 or 4108.00/wk
Motorhand $33.00 or 34.00 /hr or $3432.00 or 3536.00/wk
Floorhand $30.70 /hr or $3192.80/wk
Leasehand $28.00 /hr or $2912.00/wk
* In addition to the above recommended wages a subsistence rate of pay described below.*

The normal rotation working land rigs in Alberta is two weeks on and one week off. Employees can expect to work 12 hour days for a total of 84 hours a week. Hourly pay is based on 44 hours regular time and 40 hours overtime. In addition to normal pay employees who qualify for subsistence can expect to receive Camp pay of $50.00/day or $350.00/wk and Non-Camp $140.00/day or $980.00/wk $17.50 is non-taxable*.

*Non-taxable if the individual is 80 kilometres from his principal residence, for at least 36 hours, and the rig is 30 kilometres or more from a city of at least 40,000 people.

*Wages are expected to rise for both land and offshore drilling rigs with the economy picking up and baby boomers retiring. Drilling Contractors will be competing with wages, benefits and working conditions to obtained trained and experienced drilling personnel. The best time ever to join this industry is now!!!*

Last edited:
Its good money and i like the week off in between shifts. You can only do short trips for weekends and loose time for family. But with the week off you can do a 3 day trip and spend the rest for family and house works.

After spending time in BC im off to US to see Beartooth Pass.
Going to the sun is still closed.

ageqeryg.jpg

Along 3 BC

eqe3a9e9.jpg
beartooth pass

:D Funny thing is that I drove not too far away from where you are at..... was in Colorado riding the dirt bike this past weekend. Nice Pic.

"Yay! We're going on an adventure, Charlie!"
"It's a magical leopluradon, Charlieee!"

I need to finish the ride report but got busy with more riding and Job :) .Leopluradon got my breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom