Edmonton by Teusday 1PM | GTAMotorcycle.com

Edmonton by Teusday 1PM

djez

I got an interview in Edmonton for a new Job and decided to Ride it instead of fly.

Air ticket cost 920$
Car Rental 60$
Hotel 100$

That is the budget if I fly. Air ticket is a bit expensive due to late booking it usually coat 500-600$ only.

I need to be in Edmonton with the budget of 1000$

Day 1

Left Toronto Friday noon and arrived at STG to pick up a new rear tire. 180USD

utameqe8.jpg

Camped somewhere after Ann Arbor for 20$
u3ahyvyn.jpg

Espresso to start the day using Coke can stove.

Day 2
After a nice meal I rode west. Perfect weather and open roads until I met the traffic of Chicago.

No special road since my goal is to be in Regina to meet a friend by Sunday Evening.
Also Im carrying a tire and would rather ride my old tire to the cord before i replace them.

8u2apu2e.jpg

Passed by the Fiberglass graveyard in Sparta Wisconsin and found some Lawn Sharks.
da4asu9a.jpg

Dino feet
8udy6uge.jpg

Head
emu4a6uq.jpg

Big fish

Camped for the night at a state park for free.
I was lucky to finished setting up my tent before the sky opened and rained.

Day 3

My tent was packed wet, but i was dry and there is a flash flood / storm warning over Minnesota.

Rode through rain whole morning.
Im dry and hope to be in Regina by midnight
ne9asa5u.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh - hate Chicago traffic....don't envy you that.

We're doing Banff hopefully in 3 1/2 days by van and will go over the Micmack bridge instead.

Nice to have the long days eh. enjoy.

Ugh - hate Chicago

Fixed that. My least favorite major city ever and I've seen all of them in North America. That said your trip intrigues me I've thought about doing it a few times now. It would be a cold day In hell before I ever drove the praries and through onterrible ever again. Far too boring

Good luck with the interview, and keep the pictures coming! :p

e8y6uhag.jpg

My label :)

Did not got wet in Minnesota, except until I entered North Dakota.

I was skirting rain clouds and hoping that my route does not take me right into it.

Was dry and with rainsuit on I felt really hot and as soon as I ditched the raingears I got rain :(.

240 miles from Regina 20 miles south of the border I called it quits and checked in a Motel - 57USD, however i got the luxury of laying out all my wet gears and cooking my meal using the microwave.

emyqabup.jpg

Instead of heading to Devil's lake I went West.

y2ajuvam.jpg

Wifi to check the weather courtesy of the chieftain

symevy9y.jpg

In the farming area

apyqeby8.jpg

Clear sky behind me

5yqaqu3a.jpg

Thats 1hr in the rain.

e8azatyv.jpg

Boot lamp shade

I like those kind of clouds when you can see the rain will end eventually. ;)

I'm 2hrs from Edmonton after the whole morning in Rain. Its either rain or bugs.
Bugs stick to your visor, rain wash them out --- repeat

Wish I had a bike so I could ride with you in Eddy. Watch out for all our potholes and Good Luck with interview!!

Interview done and then the fun begins. Bad weather over The rockies, hoping it will pass overnight.
Its either i head west thru Jasper or head down to Calgary and cross via Banff.

Looking forward to ride Going to the Sun Road.

PA is only a weekend ride. Im here on a mission :)

Wish I had a bike so I could ride with you in Eddy. Watch out for all our potholes and Good Luck with interview!!

Do you know any local guy that can change tire or willing to let me use his tire changer, and balancer?
Im trying to stay away from stealership.

East or west not so fun - Beastie Girl called it an went south to sunny PA

Look far East and look further West.
PA is a day trip.
WV is a weekend trip.
You need to go further south for more fun.

Look far East and look further West.
PA is a day trip.
WV is a weekend trip.

Might get to do another trip out west this fall and probably one more kamikaze run to Deal's Gap. Hope you get better weather going forward :)

Was actually just referring to the rain as our East coast couple were getting drowned as well.

I do want to get into the Smokies.

PA as a day trip is a waste of time IMNSHO...I like poking around the backroads and taking photos. I'll slab but only to get to better back roads.

Southern PA ( more ) and WV next on the explore list and then maybe a proper Smokies run in the fall since Alaska will occupy July.

Southern PA ( more ) and WV next on the explore list and then maybe a proper Smokies run in the fall since Alaska will occupy July.
You're going to Alaska? Nice. I was up there many many years ago. (Driving) Alask and the Yukon are amazing. One of the reasons I came to live in Canada.. yeah, dont ask how I ended up in Ontario! lol!

Yeah - was supposed be about to the west coast by now on the bike. Then someone mentioned a shortcut to get by Chicago.....and it all sort of flowed from that comment.

GF and I went on the Inside Passage cruise which is the only way to see Glacier Bay ( and yes they do go boom when they calve )

Glacier%2520Bay%25203.jpg

and we both really wanted to tour Alaska by road after that.....so we are.

I hitched up there in 1967 as part of Centennial year and always wanted to go back...so I am. :D

Back
Top Bottom