thinking about grabbing this machine thoughts/suggestions | GTAMotorcycle.com

thinking about grabbing this machine thoughts/suggestions

Looks like a fairly clean bike in the pic, for the age and mileage on it. I would consider it a high maintenance motorcycle, so buyer beware. You can probably look at the receipts and go speak with the mechanic who did the work.

Looks like a fairly clean bike in the pic, for the age and mileage on it. I would consider it a high maintenance motorcycle, so buyer beware. You can probably look at the receipts and go speak with the mechanic who did the work.

aren't all bikes high maintenance though ? lol I mean I can do my own oil changes and that jazz but what are we talking bout here

its either that bike or this one im thinking http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...ell/597729055?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true I cant afford new from dealer so going used

Last edited:
I'd go with the first one. I dislike the fact that the 2nd one is being sold from a Condo parking space. I admit I'm prejudice because I feel that if you live in a condo you don't have the space / tools/ resources to maintain a bike. Although it is possible the condo person paid someone to do all the work, and or barely rode the bike.

I'd go with the first one. I dislike the fact that the 2nd one is being sold from a Condo parking space. I admit I'm prejudice because I feel that if you live in a condo you don't have the space / tools/ resources to maintain a bike. Although it is possible the condo person paid someone to do all the work, and or barely rode the bike.

ya very true I defiantly wanna check out the 04 625 for sure, he use to race MX and is very anal about maintenance

They're pretty reliable for the most part, not DR, XR, or KLR reliable but pretty good. The seat height is towering, they're REALLY tall bikes and of course being a KTM that's just a piece of upholstered wood masquerading as a seat.

They vibrate a lot, to the point of numb hands I've been told so check for vibration related issues like cracks and missing/loose bits and bolts.

As I recall they were introduced in Canada at the same time as a supermoto series was starting up. KTM supplied a bunch of bikes that were ridden by expert level racers to promote the series. Those bikes were ridden hard and then sold a couple years later by KTM Canada. That's not to say they were in bad shape but just food for thought.

so I just went a looked a local members ktm 2010 690 and wow it was a lot taller then I thought they would be hahaha.... I wonder if the drz are same height as well or if the 625's... lol ...seat was like up the my mid stomach haha only being 5ft 7" maybe 8" defiantly tall bike

A drz isn't exactly short itself. Maybe slightly shorter than the ktm but not much. That said I've seen shorter people than you on adventure bikes. Takes some getting used to but it can be done safely if you learn properly

A drz isn't exactly short itself. Maybe slightly shorter than the ktm but not much. That said I've seen shorter people than you on adventure bikes. Takes some getting used to but it can be done safely if you learn properly

ya Ive rode dirtbikes that were tall too but im most comfortable when flat footed or almost flat footed on a machine.... now I have a line on a 04 ktm 625smc which has a seat height like a dirtbike 35.8" according to online specs :)

well here are some pics of this turd im looking at come next weekend for a possible trade for my quad plus cash....does anyone have advice or tips for when looking at it and test driving her ?? this what was in the ad he bought it 3 years ago, it is very strong and reliable, rebuilt by ktm dealer including piston cylinder crank all seals and gaskets and bearings, race tech gold valves in forks with new seals. real linkage bearings replaced and swing arm bearings, new chain and sprockets and Dunlop tires last summer still in very good shape, new brake pads,rental fat bars with new grips, oil changes are done every 2000 Kms with synthetic oil and valve adjustments every 5000 by ktm dealer

PICS OF THE RECEPT FROM THE MOTOR OVERHAUL !!

Last edited:
Looks pretty clean to me. Looks like all the proper stuff has been properly maintained/replaced.

yea im just leary on the amount of km, but a lot of the bike has been replaced tho too... any tips for when looking/driving it

Yep sure did end up grabbing it have had it for a little while now :) love it so far too ! Don't think I've ever want anything but a supermoto now lol

Im looking for one now too, you got the best one I think....

Ya I've heard there super reliable as in bullet proof motors.... I've had to do a few gaskets on it and couple minor things so far sucks as I haven't had it long and all... Lol... But the only bad thing bout em is my model is rare and no one carries parts for it except the dealers and the parts are very expensive conpared to other bikes out there... I'd prolly buy the same bike for a spare/parts bike if I found one lol

Back
Top Bottom