Habitat for Humanity GTA & the Women's Build | GTAMotorcycle.com

Habitat for Humanity GTA & the Women's Build

rafiki911

Site Supporter
Hey everyone,

I've started to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity on my days off and I will be joining the Women's Build in September.

A little about Habitat for Humanity:

Habitat for Humanity Toronto helps low-income families build and buy simple, decent quality affordable homes though a no-interest, no-profit mortgage with payments set at less than 30 percent of gross income. This solution not only helps to provide available housing for families in need, it enables low-income families to build assets, reduce their dependence on other forms of social assistance and break the cycle of poverty.

If you'd like to donate, here is the link: https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/...A&Referrer=http://womenbuildgta.ca/#&panel1-1

If you'd like to volunteer yourself, here is the link: http://www.torontohabitat.ca/volunteer Just sign up and book a date or dates to volunteer.

If you are a woman and would like to join my team for the Women's Build in September, send me a private message and I will give you some info on how to join my team.

Thanks,

Raphaella

For some reason I never realized they did this in toronto. I'll have to look into volunteering opportunities, thanks for the share!

Looking through the page for volunteering at build sites.. most if not all weekends are reserved already.
:/

Loved doing this 3 years ago, but alas, can't take the time off the work-week. bummer

Looking through the page for volunteering at build sites.. most if not all weekends are reserved already.
:/

Loved doing this 3 years ago, but alas, can't take the time off the work-week. bummer

They do book up fast. I'd keep checking and get in quick for the August weekends.

For some reason I never realized they did this in toronto. I'll have to look into volunteering opportunities, thanks for the share!

No problem it is a great way to give back to the community, learn something new and work your butt off for the day.

I really like Habitat for Humanity. Always happy when I end up with one of their projects at work.

I give them building materials all the time. From conversations, I know that they are always in need of some "skilled" volunteers.

Awe, Raginduck and Skip you guys are awesome. Yes they are definitely looking for experienced people to make crew leaders.

did a two week build with them a few years back in the boonies of Africa...What an experience. **** was like straight out of a World Vision commercial.

did a two week build with them a few years back in the boonies of Africa...What an experience. **** was like straight out of a World Vision commercial.

That is increadible wish I could do something like that. I have volunteered with Global Medic since 2007 and was hoping to go abroad to help but unfortunately I am not a paramedic and they choose those volunteers first over anyone else. Makes sense, but I want to do more than organizing werehouses and learning how to set up make shift hospitals and learning how to purify water but not going to actually help people. Hense why I love Habitat becuase I can be hands on.

They did at least 3 homes in Brampton in the past couple of years.

That's heartwarming. Another dozen families off the street. Well done.

Awe, Raginduck and Skip you guys are awesome. Yes they are definitely looking for experienced people to make crew leaders.

Maybe I can help bring my crew and frame the house in a week. Gonna make the call and see if I can be of any help.

Good stuff! My family business donates product to HFH, we have a certificate of appreciation in the office from them for our donations...

This is a good cause. I volunteered time when I lived in the states. It's nice to see people who are genuinely struggling get some help :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom