Left Turn at an intersection | GTAMotorcycle.com

Left Turn at an intersection

I

igormon

So I have my M test this coming Tuesday. The thing that's bothering me is turning left at an intersection.

From the manual I gather you must stick to the right tire track if on a multi lane road, and turn while remaining in that tire track. Now normally I do what I do in a car, I try to get left as much as possible without entering the oncoming lane of course and without pointing my car in the direction of the turn until I start making the turn so I can see oncoming traffic.

So, what is the proper procedure? I don't want to get dinged for something like this.

If I stick to the right tire track and there is another car in the oncoming left turn lane there is really no way to see oncoming traffic as the opposing car from experience usually sticks to the right blocking my view even more.

I have searched online I'm either blind or a really bad at finding stuff :/

Thanks,

I'm doing an M course and asked one of the instructors tonight the same question. Said you should be in the right tire track while waiting for the light. When it's your turn to pull out into the intersection, do a snaking move (like an S) so you're now effectively in the left tire track in the intersection, and you can see ****.

At least for my test he said as long as I'm in the right tire track (unless there is a strong reason not to be) while waiting, I can do the above move afterwards without getting a demerit.

Thanks for the info

The question was also in the back of my mind..... Trying to make a left turn sticking in the right tire track is suicide ..... Its impossible to see.... Especially those huge suvs that come barreling down 30 over the speed limit

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just be in the left tire track when you get to the crosswalk and pick a more comfortable position once you get into the middle of the lane. The whole point of the tire track is to prevent some ******* from trying to overtake you but once your in the middle of the intersection your view of oncoming traffic becomes more important. If you don't stop at the tire track, i.e. its a left turn with no oncoming traffic coming off an off ramp you keep on your right tire track.

I'm doing an M course and asked one of the instructors tonight the same question. Said you should be in the right tire track while waiting for the light. When it's your turn to pull out into the intersection, do a snaking move (like an S) so you're now effectively in the left tire track in the intersection, and you can see ****.

At least for my test he said as long as I'm in the right tire track (unless there is a strong reason not to be) while waiting, I can do the above move afterwards without getting a demerit.

This

When waiting to turn and there is cars in front of you stay in right tire

When its your turn, move up to a comfortable position in the intersection

When turning, check your left blind spot

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Just be in the left tire track when you get to the crosswalk and pick a more comfortable position once you get into the middle of the lane. The whole point of the tire track is to prevent some ******* from trying to overtake you but once your in the middle of the intersection your view of oncoming traffic becomes more important. If you don't stop at the tire track, i.e. its a left turn with no oncoming traffic coming off an off ramp you keep on your right tire track.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 very well said.

Back
Top Bottom