Ride north this weekend? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ride north this weekend?

This is not our usual ride i suppose?

Ride north & north-east on Saturday August 2nd. For those who know this thread, you'll know what to expect.

Also welcome are 250cc & 300cc riders. Chances are very high that the group pace will split in two parts. I will lead the 250/300cc class. 95teggy will pull ahead with the others. Guys and girls and 2-up riders are also welcomed. (no guy-guy 2ups please)

Meet at Morningside & Sheppard Tim Horton's/Esso Gas at 7:45am. Departing by 8am.

MR

you know i am there!!!

riding after 30 days!!!!!!!!!!! hungry fo this ride!!!!

Hey, I'm a fairly new rider, really looking to gain technical skills and such. I love scenic routes and riding. Would I be able to join this ride? I drive a 250. New to this thread..... what should I expect?

Hey, I'm a fairly new rider, really looking to gain technical skills and such. I love scenic routes and riding. Would I be able to join this ride? I drive a 250. New to this thread..... what should I expect?

Hey Ru_skee,

You are certainly welcome to join this ride. Just to let you know, we're aiming to do a good bit of distance. Expect more than 300km for the day. But this is quite easy since we will be stopping lunch and a few has and restrom stops along the way.

We are aiming to be back for 5pm. The route will take us north-east through the Kawarthas. Expect more than 300 turns through much of the hills of roads which we will pass through.

There will be at least one or two other riders in your skillset class with us on Saturday.

MR

...sent from my Samsung Galaxy phone using Tapatalk 2.

hey everyone, I am also interested if that's cool. I am in the yorkdale mall area. I don't have any bags for the bike, is that an issue for the longer rides. Should I bring a backpack? Im new to street riding so any tips would be appreciated.

hey everyone, I am also interested if that's cool. I am in the yorkdale mall area. I don't have any bags for the bike, is that an issue for the longer rides. Should I bring a backpack? Im new to street riding so any tips would be appreciated.

I've always thought it smart to bring some kind of pack. I always bring a small 1st aid kit at the very least and if the pack is big enough maybe a bottle of water. If you bring a backpack feel free to bring what you feel you can carry for the duration of the ride.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Hey hyperSP, you need your wallet with your license, money, credit card; and your smartphone. Beyond that, not really anything else is necessary. Ride with your gear, get enough sleep, pray, and believe in yourself that you can do this.

This is my 12th year of riding, and this plan has kept me safe and reasonably prepared. I how to see you on Saturday.

MR

I've always thought it smart to bring some kind of pack. I always bring a small 1st aid kit at the very least and if the pack is big enough maybe a bottle of water. If you bring a backpack feel free to bring what you feel you can carry for the duration of the ride.

sorry Mahonah... I answered before I read your reply. But different styles for different riders. Both ways out somewhere in between are effective. Adjust it to your comfort level.

If you do bring a backpack, keep it very light, and consider bringing a bungee net with you. I always have one tucked in the tail storage of my bike. And a pair of thin winter gloves to wear under my leather gloves for cold mornings and extra cool nights.

I hope this all helps. See you all on Saturday...

MR

This is not our usual ride i suppose?

Only chang for Sat Aug 2nd ride is 95teggy might not be the one leading the faster group. But it won't be me (even though I can challenge him).

The fast leader is TBA, for now.

MR

how much traveling on the boring 400 series highways is planned for this trip?

Probably not much, if any. Then again I don't know the ride route either.

None. Only traveling on the boring 401 series highway for 30ish km.

Probably 6-8ish. The less the better anyway.

I'm 70% sitting out this ride. Leaving town on Friday, not sure if I'll make it back in time for Saturday.

Agreed. good rubber is not to be wasted on 400 series highways. We affectionately call these 'waste of time routes' by name: business trips.

Minimal business trips on 400, 401, 404, etc.

MR

Is there room for 1 more rider?

Going to check the weather forecast tonight before bed, and hope the weather holds out for tomorrow.

I might be in. What time do we expect to be back? -> I see it -5pm should be good..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom