Motorcycle in the drive threw | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle in the drive threw

matt123

Is it not against the law to use your motorcycle in the drive threw,saw someone do it today?It looked much easier going threw the PITA ritual of finding a spot where the bike wont get run over,taking off the gear and standing in line.

I've done it before on my old Drz. It was more of a pain trying to find a spot to put the coffee so it wouldn't spill all over and it did. Won't be doing it again.

I emailed Tim Hortons asking about it, and they gave me a noncommittal corporate answer, neither say yes or no. I did it a few times with a cup holder on my DRZ and it was very easy.

I know of no laws and no bylaws that preclude this. It's just, generally speaking, rather inconvenient. There may also be company policy against it, but I find that unlikely.

It might depend on the establishment and the realistic feasibility of doing this?

I know of some drive-thru's that happily and frequently take walk-thru customers. Small coffee outlets that the order is taken at the window, not in advance. if you can do it, and your not disruptive to the store, it's function, the function of drive-thru, why not?

And most employees don't care enough - and are not paid enough - to enforce all store policy (example: 1-8 items in grocery store express check-out).

I once tried to goto a mc ***** driver through in a shopping cart, when i was a kid.....They called the cops.... A little overreaction if you ask me.

Years later same mc *****, (yorkmills and leslie) they close the dining room, and i was hungry, tried to walk up to the window, no service, so i kicked my RZ on and rode up, no service. I went to a 24/hr wendys.

McDonalds-Vietnam-Drive-Thru-3.gif

Is it not against the law to use your motorcycle in the drive threw,saw someone do it today?It looked much easier going threw the PITA ritual of finding a spot where the bike wont get run over,taking off the gear and standing in line.

A law regarding a motorcycle going through a drive through on private property???

No.

But as mentioned by others, many companies will have their own policies prohibiting it, for whatever reason they choose.

Well I tried it and got spanked like a 5yr at Walmart and found it very degrading to be berated by a 17yr old girl.I then called corporate and they said if it's a street legal motorcycle it is acceptable at the drive thru.Went back today and got spanked again.When I told them corporate said it was acceptable they replied that they don't care what corporate says or thinks,if they serve me they will be fired.I called corporate again and told them this and they found it very interesting that the employees fear for their jobs as it is a well known policy.
Apparently the owner is being contacted regarding the issue and WILL call me within 3 business days as will the district manager The chick who berated me is also the supervisor and owners daughter.Another interesting tim bit is that they have two stores and have told bikers to park in the back of the lot as they don't want to see the bikes in the window.Apparently I tried my maiden voyage threw the only dam Timmy's drive thru that hates bikers if you can believe it.I have also been playing the discrimination card (motorcyclists)with corporate like Neal Pert plays the drums so Ill see how that goes.
Normally im a non confrontational type person but I was just plain furious and after thinking about it I don't want to cost anyone their job so I may just drop it and wish I had kept my mouth shut about the employees,feeling like crap about it.Can I legally put the email from corporate in the post?

Last edited:
Tank bag for the win.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Not uncommon for franchised operations. Corporate may have one policy, They want as many happy, (or in this case McHappy), people as they can get...lol. The the franchise owner sets a different policy. I can accept that, if you were to get a scalding coffee and spilled it on yourself while riding away from the window, it would be the Franchisee who would have to defend any litigation, (regardless of how silly the suit is). So in essence the franchisee is trying to CYA, while corporate is all about the sales figures.

Well I tried it and got spanked like a 5yr at Walmart and found it very degrading to be berated by a 17yr old girl.I then called corporate and they said if it's a street legal motorcycle it is acceptable at the drive thru.Went back today and got spanked again.When I told them corporate said it was acceptable they replied that they don't care what corporate says or thinks,if they serve me they will be fired.I called corporate again and told them this and they found it very interesting that the employees fear for their jobs as it is a well known policy.
Apparently the owner is being contacted regarding the issue and WILL call me within 3 business days as will the district manager The chick who berated me is also the supervisor and owners daughter.Another interesting tim bit is that they have two stores and have told bikers to park in the back of the lot as they don't want to see the bikes in the window.Apparently I tried my maiden voyage threw the only dam Timmy's drive thru that hates bikers if you can believe it.I have also been playing the discrimination card (motorcyclists)with corporate like Neal Pert plays the drums so Ill see how that goes.
Normally im a non confrontational type person but I was just plain furious and after thinking about it I don't want to cost anyone their job so I may just drop it and wish I had kept my mouth shut about the employees,feeling like crap about it.Can I legally put the email from corporate in the post?

Not uncommon for franchised operations. Corporate may have one policy, They want as many happy, (or in this case McHappy), people as they can get...lol. The the franchise owner sets a different policy. I can accept that, if you were to get a scalding coffee and spilled it on yourself while riding away from the window, it would be the Franchisee who would have to defend any litigation, (regardless of how silly the suit is). So in essence the franchisee is trying to CYA, while corporate is all about the sales figures.

I can understand that however I don't see a difference,the person at the window the first time was extremely rude and for no good reason.Also according to corporate their rules rule and the franchise has no say in the matter.I wont go through that stores drive thru again and only went a second time as I though being denied was a simple misunderstanding .
As far as a law suite I would think the store would be only held accountable if it could be proven that they deviated from policy but I am no lawyer so...........If a moderator says i can post the corporate email in whatever form is acceptable I will so Ill see what the site says.

This may be true but adherence to policies, as set by the franciser, is generally a requirement of maintaining the franchise ownership. Individual franchisees can only vary so far from the policy set by corporate.

Matt123 what tims is this?

It's in Windsor and they have one in shell gas station as well as a regular store.I was at the gas station drive thru getting my coffee for work and hoping to speed up the process by not having take off my gear and worry about parking the bike
I was all set up with a neodymium magnet on the handle bars holding a bunch of looney's and a side bag with a spill proof 3 cup holder that can be loaded faster the car.It was the epitome of drive thru efficiency.

The few times I have tried it I have had no problems.

Corporate has just sent me an email asking for feed back on the resolution.What resolution?Corporate tells me im good to go and the store keeps flipping me off.This is getting better and better.I'm considering taking the Go Pro and putting it on you tube.I just don't know if I can psychologically take any more abuse to get it on video.
If anybody in Windsor is bored and looking for a good time try getting a coffee at the shell drive thru on central on your bike and bring your camera.

Last edited:
Someone filed a formal complaint with Timmies head office (re: denied service on their goldwing). Timmies lawyer said "if it's got a license plate, it's allowed in the drive through". It's an insurance thing they said, no bicycles, no ebikes, no walk ups. I'll see if I can find the thread.

If they deny you, go around again, order a ton of food then just drive right throw when you get to the payment window.

Is the next closest Timmies really that much farther away??

Back
Top Bottom