Canadian Rider Safety Fund- New softer barriers. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Rider Safety Fund- New softer barriers.

Bickle Racing

Site Supporter
Okay people,, we have 70+ bags at Shannonville. Thanks to Platinum Motorsports we have about 50 at Grand Bend. We are looking to transport about 25 to 30 to St. Eustache if anybody has a suggestion.[they are not there yet] The bags are at Shannonville.
So here's where you guys and girls come in to play. We NEED bottles. We all need your help.
No Money, no set-up,,just bottles. Save your bottles and bring them to the track. Help us help everyone!
We have a system that is affordable and did not cost anybody a dime. Less those valuable few that donated funds for
all of our safety.
SO SAVE your bottles. Water bottles, gatoragde type bottles, windshield washer bottles,, anything you think would work.
Lids on please.
If everyone pitches in we can fill these and get ourselves in a better place safety wise.
So if you are doing an event at any of these tracks we need help!
It's for all our good!

Also please forward this anywhere you can to get all the help we can.

Last edited:
Wow thanks for doing this. I will start a collection for the next time I'm at smp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have several bags of bottles coming to Round 1.

We can discuss me carrying bags to St Eus as well next weekend. I will have room.

I've got a few saved up that will be coming to the VRRA round this coming weekend.

We are saving up our plastic bottles for you. We won't be at any of the places you mentioned above. We will be at Mosport and Calabogie over this season if someone is around to collect them from us. Otherwise is there somewhere we can drop them off within GTA or Vaughan?

John (and all).

We have an opportunity to collect a ridiculous amount of bottles at Mosport during the CSBK weekend. How can we most easily collect them? I was thinking we could advise people to keep their capped plastic bottles separate and make a daily crop tour of the track around dinner time to collect. I'll have my truck there so we can fill the box... maybe hand out clear garbage bags to have all the campers fill to make collection easier?

Can we implement this without too much trouble? How can we spread the word that we're collecting capped plastic bottles? Just over the PA system?

John

As discussed, get me a letter from the CRSF presenting a program and Kimi will present to CT Corporate.

John (and all).

We have an opportunity to collect a ridiculous amount of bottles at Mosport during the CSBK weekend. How can we most easily collect them? I was thinking we could advise people to keep their capped plastic bottles separate and make a daily crop tour of the track around dinner time to collect. I'll have my truck there so we can fill the box... maybe hand out clear garbage bags to have all the campers fill to make collection easier?

Can we implement this without too much trouble? How can we spread the word that we're collecting capped plastic bottles? Just over the PA system?

I need to see if Mosport wishes to use the system.
If they do then we can have bags and fill them.
Not sure if they don't want the system how we would get them elsewhere at this time.
I'll try to get that letter,,just working on some pictiures to go with it.
Boots and Hearts would be a biggy as well.

Ok keep us posted! If everyone agrees on collecting we don't want to miss this opportunity.

She will play the "environmental" and "rider safety" factor to CT Corporate to get them to apply pressure at track.

I need to see if Mosport wishes to use the system.
If they do then we can have bags and fill them.
Not sure if they don't want the system how we would get them elsewhere at this time.
I'll try to get that letter,,just working on some pictiures to go with it.
Boots and Hearts would be a biggy as well.

We are saving up our plastic bottles for you. We won't be at any of the places you mentioned above. We will be at Mosport and Calabogie over this season if someone is around to collect them from us. Otherwise is there somewhere we can drop them off within GTA or Vaughan?

Let me know if you can drop them at my warehouse in Oakville this week and I will take them with me to SMTP this week.

John, I just tied up another bag full of bottles today. I'll have it sent along to SMP with Dean (SOAR #59) again.

John, I just tied up another bag full of bottles today. I'll have it sent along to SMP with Dean (SOAR #59) again.
Awsome.
We have 5 bags filled at Shannonville now. We used 3 for the end of the pit in wall. The others we placed at the end of the back straight.
Trying to protect riders from that wall.
With everyone pitching in it seems we can fill a bag a day trackside. I am working on few mass quantities of bottles to attack this quicker.
For those that are unaware this isn't my full time gig. Nor does anybody involved incur an income from the funds raised. All the money rasied goes back
100% to the safety. So bear with me as I'm trying to juggle a few hats right now and having trouble with this muti tasking thing.
But truely,, thank you all for your help.
Bottle bags are on the left beside the air fence
BOB_3454.jpg

Wow I wish I saw all this, I would totally be collecting for these tracks as well. It could save someone their life or broken bones. Great idea guys and thanks for everyone participating. Has anyone done a nice high speed low slide at one of these barriers by any chance to see how they react? Lol

I just checked the dates for all the posts, if this is ongoing, I am willing to help with transportation needs, if anyone has the bottles, i will rent myself a 5x8 enclosed trailer from uhaul and fill it, I can take them to grand bend or TMP. E-mail me at sparkybp@sportbikemovement.ca and well set it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom