SOAR Racing Thread | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR Racing Thread

There are at least five or more black numbers riders that run in old boys, so the racing is safer but they won't give you an inch. I stood a guy up in round one he proceeded to return the favor the next corner, it is a nice feeling to race like that.
Lap times will be quicker as well, you might need to feed that duck some more potato chips.

Another fun weekend with better results for me. Cold as hell sleeping in a tent at night still and Saturday daytime wasn't that warm but Sunday was really nice. Sucks having to wait around all day waiting for the rookie race but I am only doing the one class for now and hopefully jump in another one later in the year.

Saturday qualifier I started 10 and finished 7th about a foot behind 6th place at the line. Another bad start for me and had to try to battle to get through and could only manage 7th in the six laps. On Sunday I obviously started 7th and right off the start fell back to ninth because yet again I didn't get a good start. Apparently the guy in the row behind me wheelied and just barely missed crashing into me which would have been a crappy way to end my weekend. My bad start dropped me to 9th and again I had to try and make up some ground. Ran really deep into T1 after the first lap and dropped two places that I had made up on the first lap. Got past those guys again and started to move up positions. Made my way up to 5th by the end of the race. Going in I wanted top 5 for this weekend so I am happy that I got that but damn do I need to get better starts. It really kills any chance of running with guys up front when I am 9 or 10 off of every start.

It's not scorching hot out yet but I still got burnt so I can only imagine how everyone that was standing out in the sun feels today so thanks to the marshalls and everyone that was working to make our fun weekend.

I was also glad to see Jennifer back at the track before the end of the day and hopefully it will be a fast and smooth recovery.

I will post up my Rookie video if it ever gets done uploading. At this rate we should have every section of the rookie race up once YellowDuck and Newman gets theirs uploaded also.

I think I'll keep doing it because it is really fun but my primary objective is just to keep my nose clean. And to look and sound good.

Can you tell I am still wired? I am doing, like, zero work today.

You shoud stay in, the more the merrier. We had 15-17 I think for Rookie on the weekend which was a pretty big grid I thought. (at least thats what was registered on the grid sheets, not sure if more or less actually made it out).

Secondly, I didn't know you were supposed to do work on a Monday after a race weekend. I am not wired but just in no mood whatsoever to do any work.

This was a fantastic weekend. YellowDuck you looked great out there from where I was watching. Tyler Brewer vs TJ ... wow. (What do you do when you want to cheer for both of them?) It appears that Jen is more or less ok after the worst looking crash of the day - I don't think there were any more than a couple of minor low-sides after that. N3WMAN did great and picked up two plaques. ATTS and Nathan both looked good out there.

I am beat. Mondays after a race weekend should be banned.

This was a fantastic weekend. YellowDuck you looked great out there from where I was watching. Tyler Brewer vs TJ ... wow. (What do you do when you want to cheer for both of them?) It appears that Jen is more or less ok after the worst looking crash of the day - I don't think there were any more than a couple of minor low-sides after that. N3WMAN did great and picked up two plaques. ATTS and Nathan both looked good out there.

I am beat. Mondays after a race weekend should be banned.

I pushed so hard I almost flew ! Lmao
It was my best race weekend ever.
I'm more then happy with my results, I beat 3 experts in my qualifier, and set me up for pole in superbike, next time I'm going even harder, I want a win so bad I'm gonna kill for it !

Another great weekend out with the SOAR crowd. Pits had a real buzz to them this weekend.
Didn't quite end up where I wanted to be. Still lots of learning to do, but getting there. Qualified 10th on the Saturday. Felt I should have done much better, but as Dave Noble says, you've gotta have the "red mist" right out of the gates and these races aren't long enough to make up for a slow start.
Sunday was exactly that for me. Not a great start and was passed by several riders. Had some good battles with a few and by lap 6 or 7 really started pouring it on. Got into my groove and started reeling in the mid pack riders. Got past two on the final lap but still crossed the line nowhere near where I wanted to be. Chalked it up to a learning experience. First time on GBM running the regular direction, so still sorting out the esses and learning to carry much more speed into the carousel. Smile on my face and bike in one piece...have to be happy with that.
Looking forward to next round already!

Round 2 results are now posted on the SOAR site.

600 Rookie Race from nearer the back. Started 9th, finished 9th, but I sure wasn't lonely.

Sorry about the *** cam. I'll get something better set up for next round.

[video=youtube;iO8pN-hwpRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO8pN-hwpRQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

You guys all raced great!
The Novice Superbike race was a nailbiter for me to watch....working T1, I had a front row seat to some close action ......and the late braking into the carouselle was awesome too.
Outtacontrol!- what a performance.....nice to have a bike that stops, even if your other one doesn't eh?
Carboncat- you looked great- your smoothness is light years from where it was a yr ago. Takes a good throttle hand to manage a bike that powerful.
ZX600-Paulo buddy- you looked great out there, and looked like you were having fun giving Paul a hard time....it was like a sprint race withing the endurance race, the two of you trading position.
YellowDuck-It was nice to have formally met you, since we have spent hours already racing together, I figured I may as well come introduce myself. Watching your performance Sunday in Rookie, you definitely belong in there, age be damned-you had the slowest bike out there, and were digging deep and getting it done! And there's no mayhem in Rookie this year like there used to be. Clean riding.
Newman- second weekend, and back on the box! Congrats. You're a contender already, and the only Rookie on old junk!

I had a great FAthers Day weekend with my SOAR family, and got to spend the day with both of my sons at my favourite place-the races.

Last edited:
Great riding to everyone in rookie. BAH i qualified 6th, and off the line on RACE DAY i managed to kill the start at lead for a 2 laps....... until lap 3, ran off on Turn 1 and threw me off for the rest of the race, finished 7th. kicking myself but hey! its how it goes and IT WAS A FUN WEEKEND!

[video=youtube_share;h8ukPU4G6a8]http://youtu.be/h8ukPU4G6a8[/video]

My weekend ended before I completed one lap in 600 extreme Saturday. Stupid Kink. Lots of love to everyone who helped me out this weekend!

Great racing this weekend! David McKay put on one hell of a show in Bridgestone working through the field from pit lane to first.
Lots of great riding this weekend. Mitch C is amazing to watch, that kid is something special for sure!

What bike is #901 riding? He looks like he almost lost it on take off, there.

Lost Era Light qualifier. Featuring me getting into a great tankslapper in T1 and Kellen taking the scenic route off the carousel.
[video=youtube;VaJgEys716Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaJgEys716Q[/video]

Uploading Rookie qualifier now, and will have the finals up tonight.

From now on we need to grab the same pit spot every time, its good to be pitting with someone riding the same classes! good times
Trying to headbutt the cone

Back
Top Bottom