SOAR Racing Thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR Racing Thread

Great race Newman...considering it's your 1st wknd you did well. Talking speed, that #727 bike has it all over the other R6's except for the purple #42 bike. It's fast.....and he can launch it better than anyone in the series.

Rookie
[video=youtube;sBT6TSqmKfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBT6TSqmKfo[/video]

Good battle throughout. The leader left us all behind, but 2-5th was tight the whole way. No cardio problems this time around, there was no time to be tired lol

Unfortunately I pulled a pass under waived yellow (Damn red mist) and got penalized 3 spots. I'll take it as a lesson learned and definitely wont be doing it again. The season is long and I foresee the top 5 runners being close every race.

Wow....seems like the results tables are taking a looooooooong time to get posted.......

Not like they have full time jobs or anything ;)

TGIF sarcasm!

Guys chill. Michelle is very busy between her job and family issues. It will get done. Nobody else knows how to post on the site.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I've done what I can to ensure reliability for Round 2. Pretty excited already. Blog post.

So how did everyone make out this weekend. I was there for friday, lots of track time. But work got in the way for the rest of the weekend.

I had an interesting weekend. I'll do a blog post later but the short version is: bike broke in first practice Saturday, but we fixed it quick and I got some practice laps in with times near what I was hoping for. Qualified 2/8 for BOTT LW and 9/15 for Rookie 600. Sunday I led the BOTT race for a few laps in the middle but ended up with second place. Still not sure where I finished in rookie but it was near the back for sure. Did pass some guys though. Not bad for my first race weekend (or rather, first weekend with a functional bike).

There was a big crash on the first corner of the first race, with Jennifer Roth going down and then Dylan Patrick had no choice but to run right over her bike which sent him airborne, tumbling onto the grass like a rag doll and his bike cart-wheeling after him. It was scary like **** but the end result was okay. Dylan seemed mostly unhurt. Jennifer did her collarbone but was back in the paddock later that day. Man were we all glad to see her back and in relatively decent shape!

There was some truly awesome racing this weekend. I was in the stands whenever I didn't need to be in the pits and it was extremely entertaining.

Video of my BOTT race is in the track videos thread. I'll edit one for Rookie 600 shortly.

I had an interesting weekend. I'll do a blog post later but the short version is: bike broke in first practice Saturday, but we fixed it quick and I got some practice laps in with times near what I was hoping for. Qualified 2/8 for BOTT LW and 9/15 for Rookie 600. Sunday I led the BOTT race for a few laps in the middle but ended up with second place. Still not sure where I finished in rookie but it was near the back for sure. Did pass some guys though. Not bad for my first race weekend (or rather, first weekend with a functional bike).

There was a big crash on the first corner of the first race, with Jennifer Roth going down and then Dylan Patrick had no choice but to run right over her bike which sent him airborne, tumbling onto the grass like a rag doll and his bike cart-wheeling after him. It was scary like **** but the end result was okay. Dylan seemed mostly unhurt. Jennifer did her collarbone but was back in the paddock later that day. Man were we all glad to see her back and in relatively decent shape!

There was some truly awesome racing this weekend. I was in the stands whenever I didn't need to be in the pits and it was extremely entertaining.

Video of my BOTT race is in the track videos thread. I'll edit one for Rookie 600 shortly.
I kept an eye on you during rookie, there were 4 of you in a battle pretty much the entire time. Good job, you did well against many faster bikes than yours.

Hmm...looking at lap times I got faster and faster over the course of the rookie race. When not in traffic I was doing all 59s for the first half, then all 58s for the last half, with even one high 57 in there. Maybe I'll stay in that crazy clusterf**k class for Round 3, rather than retreating to Old Boys where I belong.

'Course, I'll bet Michael Hood up front was doing low 55s (that's what I clocked him at in the Bridgestone race). Holy crap can that guy ride! Really nice kid too. I predict that he is going places. Someone should step up with serious sponsorship money for him. Second race weekend of his life and he is turning those kinds of times on a 600? Take notice.

I kept an eye on you during rookie, there were 4 of you in a battle pretty much the entire time. Good job, you did well against many faster bikes than yours.

Thank you, that is kind. I was pretty happy even if I was a bit of a backmarker. A lot of action in that class though. As the oldest guy out there (actually, Bill is older :p) I was feeling like maybe I didn't belong in the mix with those young guns. I think I'll keep doing it because it is really fun but my primary objective is just to keep my nose clean. And to look and sound good.

Can you tell I am still wired? I am doing, like, zero work today.

Back
Top Bottom