SOAR Racing Thread | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR Racing Thread

Holy crap. Hes got to get off the rev limiter. I think I even heard it cutting in on a couple of down shifts. Gonna float a valve. Plus its hurting lap times a lot. Sucks at the end with what I thought was him hitting neutral. Watched the race and it was very entertaining.

Note to self...shift to 3rd. I thought it was neutral as well but the bike actually died. I was trying to give her gas and she wouldnt do anything. Started right up after I picked her up though.

I know this has been covered before but I can't find the info. How the heck do I register for the Friday practice day for Round 4 on the 15th? I know I am supposed to register through the track, but the Fridays do not appear on their website. Do I call them or what?

I know this has been covered before but I can't find the info. How the heck do I register for the Friday practice day for Round 4 on the 15th? I know I am supposed to register through the track, but the Fridays do not appear on their website. Do I call them or what?

Yeah call, I asked the same question to GB. And they said just call to reserve.

Yeah call, I asked the same question to GB. And they said just call to reserve.

Okay thanks - done. Anyone else, don't try to get Paul (x40). Just press 2 for ticket sales. GBM number is 519 238 7223.

Blog post - getting ready for Round 4. I made a track map for "Reverse Technical". Curious to know if everyone agrees with the corner numbering. Pretty sure what I have labeled T3 and T4 will indeed be distinct corners with their own turn-in points. I think 6 and 7 may end up being a pretty quick little flick-flick, similar to T2-3 in Modified.

http://prairiedogracing282.blogspot.ca/2014/08/round-4-is-almost-here.html

Last edited:
Blog post - getting ready for Round 4. I made a track map for "Reverse Technical". Curious to know if everyone agrees with the corner numbering. Pretty sure what I have labeled T3 and T4 will indeed be distinct corners with their own turn-in points. I think 6 and 7 may end up being a pretty quick little flick-flick, similar to T2-3 in Modified.

I was looking forward to this configuration but it turns out the broken thumb from 2 months ago never cured and i got this nice new accessory yesterday
10599370_10152131399451191_9073316530324239396_n.jpg

Turns out, continue to race for 2 months with a broken thumb, does not allow it to heal, hum who would have thought.

T3 and T4 from your map will definately have their own turn in points as they are two individual corners. What you have labelled as T8 and T9 I have never figured out what they actually are (forward or reverse) as there seems like so much time turning to just be 2 individual corners. Either more corner numbers or a. and b. or ...? As I said I have no idea what the actual numbers are there as it just seems like more to me than 2 turns.

I was looking forward to this configuration but it turns out the broken thumb from 2 months ago never cured and i got this nice new accessory yesterdayTurns out, continue to race for 2 months with a broken thumb, does not allow it to heal, hum who would have thought.

So what's the problem? There is only 2 months left of racing, take the cast off and then have it set in the cast again in October. Is that a bad idea?

T3 and T4 from your map will definately have their own turn in points as they are two individual corners. What you have labelled as T8 and T9 I have never figured out what they actually are (forward or reverse) as there seems like so much time turning to just be 2 individual corners. Either more corner numbers or a. and b. or ...? As I said I have no idea what the actual numbers are there as it just seems like more to me than 2 turns.

I think when you have a track with multiple configurations using corner numbers just gets confusing anyway. Corner names are better in that case. But for me, if on the correct line you turn the bike in just once and don't stand it up again even a little, then that is all one corner. That certainly applies to Big Daddy if you do it right in either direction and I would say it also applies to what I have labeled as T9. Anyway that is my logic.

First time my wife watched me at track she saw me cartwheeling in turn 2 at Mosport ;) Still till this day she's not a fan of the race/track world, but I'll keeping working on her hehe.

Rookie Heat Race
[video=youtube;bzgFhYP1CMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzgFhYP1CMk[/video]

After the Lost Era heat race I had to work quickly to get my tires changed over as I don't have a second set of rims. Wheels off and over to Wayne at Dunlop for the swap. I was still torquing bolts and doing safety wire when the 5 min call came over the PA. I got to the pre-grid late and missed the warmup lap. Luckily I was able to grid up in my normal spot and go.

I had to start on pole with no warmup lap on rains that are 10 and 12 years old(As I found out when they got mounted) lol. I have never ridden on these tires, or in the rain, or in the rain on these tires. It was a race of figuring it out as I went. As the race went on I started getting into a groove and pulling back the time I had dropped in the opening laps. I knew I would not catch paul for the win so I stuck behind Flav and passed him on the last lap figuring it would leave him little oppourtunity to get me back before the line.

Congrats to the NEWMAN for your great riding to win round 4 in the rookie race, also great job to Paul and Flavious for their great show. sadly i wasn't able to contend with you 3 due to my epic almost fail runoff of the dogleg off the start but all in all did well. trying to get my front view cam uploaded as its being a pain.[video=youtube_share;LtW1M-jYRnI]http://youtu.be/LtW1M-jYRnI[/video]

Hey Brodie..no fair...you go farming with your bike and cartwheel ours?!?!?! Good to see you kept it upright for a change..did you have your camera on for duc's crash?

almost lost it in the grass, rear end was losing control and the front started to sway. THANK GOD! i got to the track on time or i think it would of tucked. i do have the rear cam which wont help with him going down. my front cam has been acting up and not recording properly

Back
Top Bottom