SOAR Racing Thread | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR Racing Thread

ATTS

I figure might as well start a thread for SOAR as I have seen more people like myself joining up this year and have been reading stuff in different threads.

Rd 1 - I definitely need to get my starts better as in the qualifying race I must have been passed by at least 5-6 people at the start. On Sunday I had a better start but still got passed by 3 people and made up a few through the first carousel. Ran off the backstraight under braking on lap 6 or 7 of the sunday race trying to get into 5th as the leaders were starting to pull away and I was stuck behind someone. After running off I obviously fell wayyyy back. New to me bike and never launched it before so I assume it will get better as the season progresses.

Good weekend over all, nice weather during the days but damn cold at night. Only a few weeks until Rd2.

Hopefully the few injuries that occurred are healing and hopefully the last crash of the day the rider is doing ok as it didn't look good.

How was everyone else's weekend?

Mods - feel free to move this to the racing subforum if needed. Didn't realize I wasn't in there when I started the thread.

I am very hesitant to post this because I know you guys are going to tease me mercilessly, but I actually have a blog where I am writing about my first race season:

http://prairiedogracing282.blogspot.ca/

Three posts so far - one from the May practice weekend, one in anticipation of Round 1, and the latest one that is the pathetic story of my double DNS last weekend.

If I ever get the bike running properly I will try to post on-board video of every race I am in. I love these blogs because they serve as photo albums / journals that persist in cyber-space forever and are easily shared with friends and family overseas, etc. So far the most hits are coming from a link on the DOCC site. Seems those guy are curious to see how my bike will do in these races. In fact a prominent DOCC member made a trip to GB last weekend to check it out, and gave me some advice on fixing the problem. As it turns out he called it perfectly - electrical connection to an injector.

I was happy with how Round 1 went. Got on the podium in my first race, and had a pretty good dice going for 2nd before a lapper got involved and I just plain tired out. Only disappointment all weekend was being stupid and passing under a yellow(Doh!) which dropped me back 3 spots to 7th in the final standing of the rookie race. Either way it was a hell of a race and a great battle for 2nd-5th and it is going to be a good season if the same guys keep showing up.

I will post up the Lost Era Light and Rookie race once I edit them up.

Another Rookie racer here along with Newman and ATTS. Felt good about Round 1. Lots learned and lots to learn. Never actually "launched" a street bike before so will continue to work on that and gain more confidence in deeper braking and corner speed. Have to get out and find that shop that sells the, umm, bigger sets of testicles... Overall very happy with the bike setup (thanks to Ace Moto Tech), now it's down to seat time. Great weekend though and clearly lots of good people in the SOAR Community. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

The Rookie group is a solid group of riders and all i can say it was sooooo much fun and am excited for next round. Its going to be a good battle for podium this year as most of the guys can do very well.[video=youtube;tKywQUqkOlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKywQUqkOlQ[/video]

2nd place finish- gold/black (daytona 675)

Last edited:
I am very hesitant to post this because I know you guys are going to tease me mercilessly, but I actually have a blog where I am writing about my first race season:

http://prairiedogracing282.blogspot.ca/

I read and enjoyed your blogs YellowDuck. They're well done - structure, content, vocabulary and grammar! Sorry Round 1 didn't go as hoped for. I look forward to your first actual race blog and hearing your thoughts.

One thing that I did find missing or incomplete - why only one sentence in your third blog about the endurance race? You started a topic in your second entry (bragging rights for fastest team member) but didn't follow-up or conclude it.

It's well done though! I hope my tone is friendly. :)

You started a topic in your second entry (bragging rights for fastest team member) but didn't follow-up or conclude it.

Well, frankly, modesty prevented me from saying more on that front.... :)

The Rookie group is a solid group of riders and all i can say it was sooooo much fun and am excited for next round. Its going to be a good battle for podium this year as most of the guys can do very well.[video=youtube;tKywQUqkOlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKywQUqkOlQ[/video]

Holy cow did I ever enjoy that video! Nice riding and your bike sounds awesome. By my observation every single lap was a 1:10, except that one early on where you outbraked yourself at the end of the straight. Very consistent. It was also fun how you got a bunch of the post-race excited debriefing on tape.

Nice job.

Good job to all of you it was good to put faces to names and was very pleased at the caliber of riding in the Rookie class good races for certain.
N3WMAN next time you pass under yellow try not to do it in front of me :) Also should it happen by accident if you move aside and motion the effected rider by you dont get a penalty.

Your bike sounds nice. Ixil exhaust?

Lost Era Light
[video=youtube;PzC7YcfUagw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzC7YcfUagw[/video]

I put up a good fight until about lap 8 when I ran out of juice. I think caboose might be on to something with all his fitness/cardio talk.

Oh and apparently R6's are fast down the straights.

Last edited:
What gearing are you running Kyle?

It's your first race bound to get knackered, try and do an endurance race on Saturday, i know that helped me a lot in my first year.

That little battle beginning at 9:40 was sweet. Too bad you couldn't keep him behind you.

I don't think you slowed down at all over the race. In fact your last lap may have been your fastest. The guy in front just got even faster.

Back
Top Bottom