trails near Mississauga? or GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

trails near Mississauga? or GTA

mandogfish

Im new to offroad biking and got a kawasaki KX250f yesterday. Im looking for any trails or clay pits near mississauga.

I spend over 4 hours looking at the edges of Mississauga through google maps and found some areas near milton that looked like they might be trails but I could not confirm that as I could not get street view, the images were not clear & fences sometimes are not invisible from a birds eye view.

It would be great if you could mention any you think may work. I hope I dont have to uhaul more than 50kms away just to be able to ride my bike.

Last edited:
Should have looked into this before purchase. :)

I know there was/is some place outside of Milton, but that is it as fas as I know. I joined the OFTR (Ontario Federation of Trail Riders), ODSC (Ontario Dual Sport Club), and SCORRA (Simcoe County Off-road Riders Association). Being a member of the OFTR allows riding in Simcoe County forests which there a lot of, but they are about 100 km's from Toronto. The closest "pit" I know of would be Raglan, but it's illegal to ride there, and heavily patrolled. My suggestion would be to find friends in the GTA that ride and then carpool together.

Should have looked into this before purchase. :)

I know there was/is some place outside of Milton, but that is it as fas as I know. I joined the OFTR (Ontario Federation of Trail Riders), ODSC (Ontario Dual Sport Club), and SCORRA (Simcoe County Off-road Riders Association). Being a member of the OFTR allows riding in Simcoe County forests which there a lot of, but they are about 100 km's from Toronto. The closest "pit" I know of would be Raglan, but it's illegal to ride there, and heavily patrolled. My suggestion would be to find friends in the GTA that ride and then carpool together.

I would probably have bought it eitherway... It costs less than the a year of insurance for my road bike.

I know theres a lot of trails around that people use. Theres youtube videos of people dirt biking in milton, hamilton and even inside mississauga. I couldnt find out where these spots are though. I do see why they would not want to mention these spots to the public.
Raglan, ill keep that in mind but its almost as far as ganaraska so I might aswell go to ganaraska after I get my plates.

thing is, for Uhaul, a 120km return trip would cost me around $200. Cost of fuel isnt the issue for me but the lack of a trailer is

Go to welland
Second road to your right on 140 north
It free and you can ride there all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important to remember mandogfish, that just because you can see trails doesn't mean you can ride there. If it is private property you must have WRITTEN permission with you from the landowner. You can "see" many trails as Honda said at Raglan, but Durham regional are always writing tickets. Best bet is to join OFTR and they have maps of "sanctioned trails" There may be some out towards K-W or west of there which are a bit closer. There will be nothing legal in or near Mississauga.

There were some in Orangeville area
But I don't know if they are still there or not

Go to welland

Milton is fancied off for the last 6 or more years

Thanks for letting me know, I was thinking of driving to milton or orangeville to check it out but now I know Milton is fenced off. I wont be able to use Welland it as Im about 100kms away from it and thats a $200 uhaul trip.

Important to remember mandogfish, that just because you can see trails doesn't mean you can ride there. If it is private property you must have WRITTEN permission with you from the landowner. You can "see" many trails as Honda said at Raglan, but Durham regional are always writing tickets. Best bet is to join OFTR and they have maps of "sanctioned trails" There may be some out towards K-W or west of there which are a bit closer. There will be nothing legal in or near Mississauga.
Thanks for the heads up. Simcoe forest definitely seems closer. I will probably stick to either that through OFTR or with ganaraska over the summer but I have to get a trailer first and a trailer hitch and storage space, along with insurance, plates and stuff.

From the bikes I have seen in the GTA, around 1/3 of the dirt bike in the <$2000 range do not have the ownership for the bike. So they never had offroad plates or insurance. Many of them have rebuilt the engines so they must have used them and some of these adds even say "only used on trails". Such trails must exist around which people are not uptight and stuck up superheroes to go complain about dirt bike use and save the world. However Im not sure if anyone would be willing to share info on these areas due to the risk of them being fenced off aswell after an idiot injures themselves calls an ambulance to the area.

but yea, I appreciate the helpful info

Last edited:
Ganaraska is a fun trail
It cost about $130 a year and you can rip through there form April to December

True, that is exactly what happened to Raglan. An idiot goes in and rides illegally, then gets killed and his family sues the landowner who then said screw it, put up signs and called police. He went to council to have them tell he Police to enforce, which hey do extensively now. Newtonville Ontario Power generation lands also used to be a favorite ATV spot. Too much trash left around and they were also afraid of lawsuits since 2012 they contracted OPP to patrol now if OPP sees you there they tell you to beat it. Next time they see your vehicle and trailer they don't wait for you they just send summons for trespassing. The FEW ruin it for the rest of us.

You should be able to find a trailer for pretty cheap. Even grab a Harbour Freight trailer frame, (About $300, then throw a piece of 1/2 plywood on deck some tie down anchors). Then go to Princess Auto grab a set of "ramp plates" About $20 all in a set of 2X10's and you have a 20" wide ramp. All in including plate $35 one time charge. should be about $400. Look on Kijiji for vehicle hitch. Hitch places wanted $400 for my cars hitch I found on Kijiji that dealership had removed from same model after it was traded in cost me $100 then about $150 have it installed.

So I got my offroad insurance and plate. Now I wait...for hitch

True, that is exactly what happened to Raglan. An idiot goes in and rides illegally, then gets killed and his family sues the landowner who then said screw it, put up signs and called police. He went to council to have them tell he Police to enforce, which hey do extensively now. Newtonville Ontario Power generation lands also used to be a favorite ATV spot. Too much trash left around and they were also afraid of lawsuits since 2012 they contracted OPP to patrol now if OPP sees you there they tell you to beat it. Next time they see your vehicle and trailer they don't wait for you they just send summons for trespassing. The FEW ruin it for the rest of us.

You should be able to find a trailer for pretty cheap. Even grab a Harbour Freight trailer frame, (About $300, then throw a piece of 1/2 plywood on deck some tie down anchors). Then go to Princess Auto grab a set of "ramp plates" About $20 all in a set of 2X10's and you have a 20" wide ramp. All in including plate $35 one time charge. should be about $400. Look on Kijiji for vehicle hitch. Hitch places wanted $400 for my cars hitch I found on Kijiji that dealership had removed from same model after it was traded in cost me $100 then about $150 have it installed.

yea, I read something like that earlier, just less detailed. I think its also cuz motorcycle owners are a small minority here so we compromise. Unlike other countries, motorcycles have to be driven like cars here and theres not excepted for any condition a car is not, when they are mechanically/functionaly very very different. In other places like the UK where there are more bikers, theres less of a compromise. When I was a kid living there, my neighbour used to take a shortcut to his work by riding his supermoto through the middle of a small park and alley ways, twice every day and no one ever complained. People are soo uptight here, soo stuck up. They need to travel the world.

Ill keep that in mind for the trailer. At the moment I will just go for Uhauls $25/day trailer rental after I get my hitch.

Ganaraska is a fun trail
It cost about $130 a year and you can rip through there form April to December

will be going exactly that I think. Are we allowed to trail ride at night in ganaraska? I should order my $30 900 Lumen light if we are allowed.
http://www.dx.com/p/t6-waterproof-x...te-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-82510

The closest place to ride in Simcoe county is in Innisfil. You must have insurance, green plate, spark arrestor (< 94db) and an OFTR pass (http://oftr.ca/ ~ $80 for the year).

Edit: There is a map on the oftr forum with the exact location.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom