It's clear tonight - get out there...once in a lifetime maybe | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's clear tonight - get out there...once in a lifetime maybe

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Perfect night , no moon, couple of satellites, couple of meteors - no meteor shower. - I'll give another 1/2 hour and hit Tims down the road. :(

Night night if chilly
third satellite - starting to get to outnumber the meteors

20 minutes later a very nice fireball - figured to wind it up

yeah - its lovely out - gonna be a nice day

was listening to CBC on the way up so that was fun.
Randy Bachmann’s Vinyl Tap which I always enjoy.

Club house wide open
Had to turn the lights out

zero gravity chair was good - pretty chilly but had motorcycle gear on including the heavier winter jacket so that was wind proof.

Milky way was pretty dense tho there was enough moisture there was a fair bit of loom around the horizon but the final fireball around 3.30 was a pretty good one
Was fully across my field of view and only slight down angle - cruised about 1/3 of the way down from the pole star heading across my field of view - I was facing north - it would have crossed the big dipper

3 satellites for sure and maybe a fourth tho it could have been a plane on polar flight to New York

couple of minor meteors and one short fast one and then nothing till the fireball.

got a note back from the CBC as the program Fresh Air I was listening to requested feedback. I was listening to her program and that was keeping me awake and she requested some feedback on the meteors

Glad you caught a fireball at least! Most people who've written in saw nothing or very little.Thanks,
Mary

Pretty morning to come home to.

Last edited:
Would've love to check it out if I didn't have plans in the morning

For those not familiar with meteors and fireballs....

This is the closest to what I saw except the trail was longer - this would have been 1/3 of the way down between the pole star and the horizon and it would intersect the big dipper

That actually is a Camelopard photo someone uploaded but I had to reorient from here

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2014/05/06/new-meteor-shower-and-possible-meteor-storm-on-may-24th/

About the correct impression ....was a good one and worth the couple of chilly hours.

Back
Top Bottom