Mirrors | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mirrors

redridernl

Does anyone know if you can just use one mirror on a bike legally and if so does it matter if it's the left or right?

Thanks

OHTA
66. (1) Every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle shall be equipped with,
(a) a device for cleaning rain, snow and other moisture from the windshield so constructed as to be controlled or operated by the driver;
(b) a mirror or mirrors securely attached to the vehicle and placed in such a position as to afford the driver a clearly reflected view of the roadway in the rear, or of any vehicle approaching from the rear. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 66 (1).
Exception
(2) Clause (1) (b) applies to all motorcycles except those manufactured in or imported into Canada before the 1st day of January, 1971. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 66 (2).

Soooo i guess you coudl argue one is ok, as long as you can see "directly" behind you

Unless you have a really old bike

I believe its the same as it is for car side mirrors, legally you are only required to have the left mirror, so one should be fine. And actually back in the day when you bought a base model Honda Civic it only came with the left mirror, if you wanted the right side it was an option you had to pay extra for...

Hamilton 5-0 told me one mirror is sufficient...right or left side (or middle for cars). If your riding a Ducati you should receive an automatic ticket because all the mirrors are useless. lol.

They are not useless, they are considered to be turn signals. :D

I believe its the same as it is for car side mirrors, legally you are only required to have the left mirror, so one should be fine. And actually back in the day when you bought a base model Honda Civic it only came with the left mirror, if you wanted the right side it was an option you had to pay extra for...

We had a 1976 Mercedes 300D in the family at one point, no passenger mirror

Hamilton 5-0 told me one mirror is sufficient...right or left side (or middle for cars). If your riding a Ducati you should receive an automatic ticket because all the mirrors are useless. lol.

We'd have to be moving to receive the ticket right and we don't do that remember, all we know how to do is pose, did you not learn anything from MM? lol

One mirror is all that's required. Though you may encounter an argument if the one mirror is tiny, it still has to provide a clear view to the rear.

One mirror is enough. Preference is to the left as this is also the side required for cars, and so avoids debate.

I'll stick with two.

One mirror is enough. Preference is to the left as this is also the side required for cars, and so avoids debate.

I'll stick with two.

Your required to have a left side mirror for a car to be legal? I was under the impression that only one mirror is required and the rear view mirror (middle) would be sufficient (...if you happened to piss off a group of bikers who smashed your side mirrors off the car.) lol.

Back
Top Bottom